Contributor

I would like to see if QVC could please handle canceling an item better!  There have been just a few times when I have ordered an item presented on air, and just a few short hours later, have decided to cancel the item.  Either by internet or phone call, I have tried to do this, and they will not cancel my order.  I don't know why this happens, because there is no way that the item has been shipped yet, and they say that the order is in process, but I think there should still be plenty of time to cancel this process of shipment.  Really find this frustrating. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Canceling an Item

[ Edited ]

@theQshopper   Other websites have similar policies.  I know Macy's gives a 30 minute window to change or cancel an order once you place it online.

Honored Contributor

I’m not understanding all the canceling that goes on here. Do people look at their expenses and say oops, better not get this! Some people are habitual cancellers. Not singling you out OP, just a general observation. I’ve never had a place that would let me cancel hours later. The window is short. 

Respected Contributor

The problem is QVC use to let you cancel fairly often the same day.  That has changed and those who used to do it are now annoyed you can’t.

Occasional Contributor

I placed an order on 9-3-19. Today is 9-16.  My order says “still in process” and can’t be canceled at this time.  I am supposed to receive my order with 7-10 days.  I have emailed customer service several times the last couple of days. The response is it will ship as soon as possible.  This is ridiculous.  If I ever receive the item I am done with QVC.  I just wanted an honest answer. 

Contributor

If their window is so darned short on canceling an item, then they should remove that "cancel" button from a person't order.  

They should at least let people know how much time they have to cancel and order, not leave a cancel button on the order for days and days. 

Frequent Contributor

@theQshopper wrote:

I would like to see if QVC could please handle canceling an item better!  There have been just a few times when I have ordered an item presented on air, and just a few short hours later, have decided to cancel the item.  Either by internet or phone call, I have tried to do this, and they will not cancel my order.  I don't know why this happens, because there is no way that the item has been shipped yet, and they say that the order is in process, but I think there should still be plenty of time to cancel this process of shipment.  Really find this frustrating. 

If you call customer service for any item “in process,” they cannot make any changes to order until shipped.  However, if item is an “auto-delivery” and you try to cancel same day as processing, ask if they can note account so item can be returned without return shipping costs.  It is really case by case basis and reason for the cancellation.

Hope that helps!