Respected Contributor

Can we dispense with the personal hygiene on air demos?

I don’t need to see: nose hair trimming, shaving, foot scraping, tooth brushing, etc on air. I find it rather disgusting and wholly unnecessary. If the item needs to be demo’d, how about an animated tutorial instead of what goes on now? I am not a squeamish person, but it is kind of gross to see your hosts doing it.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can we dispense with the personal hygiene on air demos?

Agreed! Yesterday's TSV had me changing the channel all day!

Honored Contributor

I agree. I hardly ever watch the Q. Yesterday doing some surfing and I saw the feet.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

it's right up there with Lume deodorant

Honored Contributor

@cosmic1- I wasn't too crazy about the teeth brushing yesterday. Kinda yuk TBH.

Honored Contributor

Think of how the hosts and models feel about this, I feel sorry for them. Of course, they are gretting paid to do it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps they could inform us ahead of time when they are going to have the personal grooming and hygiene days, including Calista as well. I don't see any improvement in her hair when she uses her tool. Pedi care is almost more than I can abide although I worked with Vascular Surgery and assisted on many feet during surgery but it was not entertainment. I would hope that they can find other ways to market. I think most have had pedicures and we know how to care for our feet ourselves. I don't think we need an on-air demo, perhaps an animation (as you stated).

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Galwrote:

@cosmic1- I wasn't too crazy about the teeth brushing yesterday. Kinda yuk TBH.

What bugged me about the toothbrush was when they held it against the glass of water. It hit an unpleasant nerve in my ear.

It seemed every time I tuned it, there it was.

Honored Contributor

Oh please! I'm a mom of boys. I have a very STRONG stomach! A few demonstrations on a shopping channel don't bother me one bit! Woman LOL

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For the life of me I will never understand why they feel the need to do this. And that includes all the devices mentioned by the OP. It's hard to pick the worst offender but I think the nose hair device may take the cake. When I flipped over one time and saw Jane with it totally crammed up her nose I almost lost it! 😲 But I will never forget several years ago when I saw an Emjoi device being presented by Shawn and the vendor. As the vendor is starting to go into details about the product, the next thing you know Shawn is getting down on her armpits with the thing!

I wish they would rethink all this but I'm afraid the horse is out of the barn and there will be no going back.

I watch QVC less and less and less and less and less.....