Honored Contributor

Re: Can't we all just get along?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@findingnemo.  Are we not getting along?????

Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

Life has never been all peaches and cream.  Though I believe the OP means well, we all come here and chat about everything in life, good and bad.  The Q is one thing we all have in common........    I try to be a good person to all and I am far from perfect, but some of these messages are a bit dramatic, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

I think a lot of it is the stress everyone is under re the virus, etc.  I think we are all on edge as to what is going to happen and when this nightmare is going to be over.

There is fear and uncertainty.  I know there is for me.  I think that makes people lash out over trivial things that didn't bother them before.  They need to take out frustrations over something they cannot do anything about.  We are not in control of our lives.

I try to overlook their angst.  And it is exacerbated everytime we look at someone in a mask.  Pray everyone!!  St Anthony is the finder of lost things.  Pray to him to help the researchers find a vaccine that will work.

I understand.........

@Patriot3  The hosts have been talked about (and not very nicely) for years. Nothing will change. I don't believe it has anything to do with the virus. I have been here since the nineties. It was happening then.

Respected Contributor

So true @proudlyfromNJ , the host-bashing has always been bad, not just recently. It was prevalent when LR was on and now it's SK who gets raked over the coals non-stop. 

What gets me is all the months SK was gone the boards went nuts with endless "where's Shawn" threads & posts and practically panic wondering when she'd return. Once she DID return it's back to the usual daily Shawn-bashing. SMH

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

@findingnemo  Posting an opinion of a host's "poor performance" is in No Way a 'negativity being spread' (your words) about that host as a person/human being. Don't confuse the two!

Many people here have stated that they change the channel when certain hosts are presenting, which is Not the purpose of a TV Shopping Channel. Compound this number by the number of people who are not on the forums who are also changing the channel and it adds up to a huge loss in sales. The hosts' job is to entice shoppers to buy, not change the channel.

Q has been experiencing loss for quite some time, and the virus only made things worse, but if certain hosts are a deterrent to shoppers, it only deepens their hole.

Yep, there's negativity and we have to own it.  I'm pretty sure that the Q is crunching the numbers and are well aware of which hosts are outperforming their peers. They don't need our input here about trivial observations. And definitely not some of the posts that are downright mean. 

Of course, if there's something technical, or the host needs to provide more information, that is acceptable. Things to elevate on air performance, benefits all. 

However, it's not okay to get into things like the host's hairstyle, personality traits, or dissecting one of their harmless comments to no end. Complaining they're not dressed professionally, when they're selling PJ's? They're selling wine but shouldn't be allowed to sip any? They're talking too much about the virus?  Talking too much about their personal life?  Really? Filling in a two hour presentation, with limited product, over and over, would be difficult.  We don't set the stage, or their practiced scripts. The producers do that.

One disparaging viewer's comment, seems to fuel a landslide. There's a growing need to be mean. I can only imagine what it would look like here without moderation.  

It particularly upsets me when women don't support other women. There are a few Q hosts that can't seem to do anything right, in the eyes of some here.  It makes us look bad, ourselves, when we start looking for things to criticize, rather than positives to support. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a baby boomer and haven't seen society this contentious since I was a kid watching Walter Cronkite in the 60s. Lots of fighting spirits and discontented people looking for outlets. I hope people on the receiving end of aggression can manage emotions and overlook sources. Of course, safe boundaries should never be crossed. Serenity in 2021. Seems to be my theme these days.      

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Contributor

IMO - QVC should remove all posts that bash the hosts (which I think they are getting better at). It's not that I adore all of the hosts, but I don't feel it's right to publically make negative comments about a person, especially one that can't comment back. If you don't like a host and want QVC to know - send them an email or PM. Rant over - LOL!

Valued Contributor

All We Need Is Love....Beatles were GREAT...I was 9 years old when I first saw them on Ed Sullivan.   My world is a happier place because of their music...and what they meant to our world.    NEVER will be matched EVER !!  I still follow my Pattie Boyd and Jane Asher !

Trusted Contributor

@Re: Can't we all just get along?

@I agree to a point.  Bashing a host because of their hair or size should be off limits.  However, commenting that they don't give out pertinent information is not bashing.   We shouldn't have to listen to non stop  stories about their families.   Stay on track and act like a professional..

Honored Contributor

Peace be with you.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).