Highlighted
Contributor

Can't we all just get along?

I don't post a lot but I try to read regularly just to keep up with what's happening. I have noticed so much negativity being spread especially as it relates to the QVC host. Yes they get paid to appear on air and sell product but it seems people have lost sight that they are humans beings. We are all inperfect and at times annoying, at least to someone for some reason. Seems like so many folks feel they could do better, perhaps the next round of auditions will be a perfect opportunity to do that. Until then can we all just try to accept that they are people going through the same things we are, holding their families as an important part of what makes life special. I am sure we all talk about our family at our work place or have discussion about what's going on in the world-none of us would like total strangers picking us apart especially in such a public way. I have even found myself being negative and regret having done so. 

For those who will read this and can't help themselves comment with a negative response-bless you and be well. I will choose to embrace my imperfect self and strive to do better, there's enough negative energy out there for all of us to combat.

Hoping for a peaceful holiday season and a better 2021 for everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Can't we all just get along?

@findingnemo - I couldn't agree more.  I wish you a peaceful holiday as well and a better 2021 for us all.  Heart

Contributor

Amen!❤️

Respected Contributor

Wow...we can only hope some of this intolerance and vitriol begins to bury itself. Yes, hoping for a better 2021 in so many ways. Thank you for the post. Give peace a chance and imagine...John had the vision decades ago.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@findingnemo I have noticed an increase as well, but think it is due in part, to the overwhelmingly stressful reality we are facing. Stress can bring out the worst in people.😐 

My heart bleeds for some of the hosts, because they have become targets for increasingly acerbic attacks. Hopefully, they do not read the forums...

I always appreciate positive posts like yours, and welcome you to post more often.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@findingnemo.  Are we not getting along?????

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think this is wishful thinking when we have so many people who have very strong opposing views and won't budge.  

Trusted Contributor

Excellent post.  I know myself I have become increasingly negative and my husband used to say, Just be nice. He was always better at it than I was.  A few weeks ago my daughter said to me, "Every day do one thing that would make Dad Proud".  She is better at it than I am.

So it's time to start to be kinder and gentler.  That would make him proud.  I hope he knows I am trying.

I think we all need to remember what most of our parents used to say to us.  "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"  Who knew at the age of 63 I would need to re-learn that message.

Great Post.

Esteemed Contributor

I think a lot of it is the stress everyone is under re the virus, etc.  I think we are all on edge as to what is going to happen and when this nightmare is going to be over.

There is fear and uncertainty.  I know there is for me.  I think that makes people lash out over trivial things that didn't bother them before.  They need to take out frustrations over something they cannot do anything about.  We are not in control of our lives.

I try to overlook their angst.  And it is exacerbated everytime we look at someone in a mask.  Pray everyone!!  St Anthony is the finder of lost things.  Pray to him to help the researchers find a vaccine that will work.

I understand.........

Trusted Contributor

@findingnemo  Posting an opinion of a host's "poor performance" is in No Way a 'negativity being spread' (your words) about that host as a person/human being. Don't confuse the two!

Many people here have stated that they change the channel when certain hosts are presenting, which is Not the purpose of a TV Shopping Channel. Compound this number by the number of people who are not on the forums who are also changing the channel and it adds up to a huge loss in sales. The hosts' job is to entice shoppers to buy, not change the channel.

Q has been experiencing loss for quite some time, and the virus only made things worse, but if certain hosts are a deterrent to shoppers, it only deepens their hole.

F/N/A luvstogarden