Regular Contributor

Can’t wait for the “White Soles” to go out of style. Also, the “Maternity Tops.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Can’t wait for the “White Soles” to go out of style. Also, the “Maternity Tops.”

I love my white soles. 

To each their own.

Respected Contributor

Re: Can’t wait for the “White Soles” to go out of style. Also, the “Maternity Tops.”

They are both a go-to for me. Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the look of white soles, but I work at a professional job and I don't think the white soles are allowed. Anything sneaker-ish, like a white or rubber bottomis frowned upon.  Maybe this will change soon because frankly traditional shoes are getting hard to find!

Respected Contributor

@Catastrophe 

I too wish more shoes had tonal or dark soles.  Many times I have decided not to purchase QVC presented shoes because of the white soles. 

As for the tops, one vendor in particular who claims "everything goes with everything" loves to design and sell that um..sloppy style.  Again, I do not purchase, but to each his or her own. 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind white soles,  I see them on some men's shoes these days also.

Honored Contributor

@Catastrophe So sorry you seem to be forced to wear them.  I am lucky because I don't have to wear them or worry about them.  

You are so upset you have been left speechless.  Woman Surprised  There is a cure!  Ignore them.

Honored Contributor

It depends on the white soles. 

As for the "maternity" tops I have to agree.  I wear mostly a medium but I'm large busted and those tops with extra swingy fabric around the middle makes me look like I'm expecting....not a good look for a 68 year old or anyone who isn't pregnant.

Trusted Contributor

If I'm doing more dressy casual, I would also prefer shoes without white soles. My knees have become so bad that I usually look for dressier athletic shoes .....I would imagine it's less expensive to put white soles on everything than futz around manufacturing different colored soles for different shoes.  

Honored Contributor

I like white soles.  The types of shoes women are wearing now, like Skechers, are really ugly with black soles.  I can't imagine pretty summer pastels with heavy-looking back soles.  I have many pairs of these shoes but not a single pair that would look better with dark soles. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment