Contributor

Re: CAN YOU PLEASE TALK TO SUSAN GRAVER TO LOWER HER PRICING?

I've noticed that the price on all the clothing lines have gone up, but the worst offender is Logo.  I'm sorry, but $70 for a thin rayon knit top is ridiculous.  You can literally find something better and cheaper at Nordstrom, where shipping is free and returns are free, no minimums!

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand the cost of her line.  Cheap fabric, and I don't consider her a designer, she's a mass marketer.  Go to Walmart, they sell clothes made out of the same fabric.  No matter what she claims it to be, it's just cheap to work with polyester.  I won't pay that price to look like I shop at Walmart.

Respected Contributor

I feel the same about LOGO items.  Some of those items are $50, $60 and more for just a glorified T shirt.  Sure there are layers of fabric, but---!!!  Who can wear all those layers in this heat?  Sorry if anyone is offended by this, but it's how I feel.  

Contributor

Why do you have to be so mean to someone posting a question?

Respected Contributor

I agree ... some one can say the same thing without the snarky  attitude ...

I've had it happen to me plenty ....

Regular Contributor

Why all the grief 2 1st post people who post a critical comment? They've been simmering with this issue & finally found a way to VENT!!! GIVE THESE People a break! Geesh!

Trusted Contributor

Kudos to @hellodali, & @KathyM23.

Honored Contributor

As others have said, QVC sets the pricing, not Susan.  I don't even think the independent vendors set their own pricing.  I'm pretty sure QVC sets all the pricing for everything just like QVC buyers determine if they will buy pants in various lengths. 

All clothing is overpriced.  There is a huge mark-up on clothing. And for the volume that QVC sells, most of the stuff should be cheaper.  Most of what QVC sells isn't a bargain.  You can find equal or better quality at cheaper prices out in retail.  

Of course you can find items a lot more expensive than what is offered on QVC but if you need cheaper, you can find cheaper and good quality as well.  Kohls and Penneys have awful fabric?  ROFLOL  Because the poly used by Susan feels so much better.  Woman LOL  

Respected Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

Wow -- your first post and it is a critical one.  How nice of you to join so you can ask for a lower price.  Do you ask Neiman Marcus to lower their prices too? 

If you can't afford the price, I would think you shouldn't shop there.  I never heard of asking a designer to lower their price.  How about asking Nordstrom's and get back to us on what they say after they stop laughing.

Thank you.

P.S.  How about your 2nd post being something more realistic.  Thanks again!

This is the suggestion forum and OP as well as anyone else has the right to make a suggestion, even if you don't agree. Also, where is it written that a 1st post can't be critical? I must have missed that...

Honored Contributor

@Silver metal gal, I wanted to come back and make a suggestion.  Besides checking as-is for lower priced SG items, check the Lunchtime Specials.  There have been several SG items recently on deep discounts.  

If someone already mentioned this, sorry.  Smiley Happy