CAN YOU PLEASE TALK TO SUSAN GRAVER TO LOWER HER PRICING?

I know this sounds terrible , but I love her clothes and it seems that her pricing w/in the last two years has been more and more about $50.00 for each item on a blouse or dress.   It would help shoppers like myself that LOVE her line of clothing., if she would keep the price around $40.  Even at $45.00 w/various items on sale, it's still too expensive.  The easy pay from QVC is a Godsend.

Susan, I love your clothes but they have become so pricey for me that I can only buy maybe a few pieces throughout the year now, instead of consistent. 

Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

Re: CAN YOU PLEASE TALK TO SUSAN GRAVER TO LOWER HER PRICING?

I wholeheartedly agree. All the prices on qvc clothing have increased greatly. I now try to buy only reduced clearance, as is, or LT or PT specials.

Honored Contributor

For some reason I thought QVC set the prices for Susan Graver clothes. Isn't she an in house vendor?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty sure that QVC bought her line over 20 years ago.  I remember they phoned me to ask what I thought of the line, etc.

(I am sure they phoned thousands).  

Honored Contributor

I'm happy to own many of her tops.  I love every one of them.  However, I have drawn the line at $50.  Now, I'll just enjoy those I own.  If thre's an occasional sale of some sort below my self-imposed $ limit, then I might decide to order.

Respected Contributor

Wow -- your first post and it is a critical one.  How nice of you to join so you can ask for a lower price.  Do you ask Neiman Marcus to lower their prices too? 

If you can't afford the price, I would think you shouldn't shop there.  I never heard of asking a designer to lower their price.  How about asking Nordstrom's and get back to us on what they say after they stop laughing.

Thank you.

P.S.  How about your 2nd post being something more realistic.  Thanks again!

Respected Contributor

Susan's prices are not out of line for what they are.  Comparable items in many of my catalogs and the better department stores are much higher than Susan's and her things are nicer.  I would rather pay the current price than have her dumb down the design details and quality of material because that is what it would take to lower the price.  For those who say it is only polyester - remember there are many grades of poly and that guides the cost of a garment.

I just don't get the complaints.  If you like her items, that means you like the design and qualilty and you get what you pay for.  Why would you want her to cheapen the item to charge a lower price.  If you don't like her prices, quit complaining about them and go to Kohls or Penneys and buy their items in that awful feeling material.  Even Macy's prices are higher in the nicer brands.

Respected Contributor

Thank you KathyM23....my thoughts exactly. Well said

Respected Contributor

@Silver metal gal Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy posting here. QVC bought this line years ago and sets the pricing guidelines I'm sure. It's frustrating to see a favorite line go beyond one's clothes budget. Glad easy pay is an option that works for you, but asking for lower price points seldom delivers the same quality. I would rather have a few good pieces than a dozen of poor quality.

Valued Contributor

@Silver metal gal You can shop online or in person @ Tjmaxx for clothing, from Calvin Klein to Vince Camuto.Ross also has a nice selection, for as I know you cannot shop on line at Ross. Of course these stores will not have mass qualities.  Personally I have never paid more than $35.00 blouse,shirts or a pair of pants ( TJmaxx or Macy's on sale) and we are talking  Designers (Handbags&Jewelry, are my exception of this rule,but I do set a limit)

Susan Graver does not set the prices, nor do any of the vendors on any shopping channel.