Regular Contributor

Browser Web Page Annoyance - HELP!

Please, please, please get rid of that hotlink box on the top of the web page constantly asking us to get the QVC app. It is the last and slowest item to load on tablet browsers and causes pages to hang while it does so.

In my case, I already have the Q app on my Fire HDXs so I don't need the notification, but there's no way to opt-out of it. Most times I prefer to view the Q via a browser rather than the dedicated app simply because I can use the tab function to go back and forth more easily to compare products.

Please give us some feature that allows us to opt-out of that Q app offer so that it no longer shows up. Thanks.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Browser Web Page Annoyance - HELP!

@Mayfayre

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your suggestion to the proper department. It's a good idea to have an option to opt out of the notification.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for your help.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I don't have that.  Maybe it's because I use an adblocker.  I use Adblock Plus with both IE and Chrome.  It makes a huge difference across the board for websites and such.

I believe it also works with Firefox (or is it Foxfire?  I keep forgetting), and probably other browsers as well.

SHOULD one decide to install Adblock Plus, do be sure that you are installing the right one.  This is another thing where you can accidentally click on something that looks just like it, but it's not.  Just an FYI  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion.

I already use an ad blocker on my PC, but most of the time now I'm on my Fire HDX tablets using the Silk browser and the few ad blocker apps offered in the Amazon Store don't work on it. Google Play apps for the most part don't work on the Amazon Fires (unless you go the third-party route or root the device).

I've got some other browsers on the HDX, but Silk seems to run the fastest for me. So an opt-out choice would be the best for me.