Honored Contributor

Re: Bringing back the ignore feature

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Mistic wrote:

May I ask please, what is an ignore feature?   

@Mistic 

The ignore feature was to block a poster from responding to your posts. I’m asking Santa for it 😊

I hope I can be nice until Christmas.

@Mistic and @butterfly123,  The "ignore" feature on the previous platform didn't block others from replying to our posts -- the way it worked, it gave us the option of "hiding" their posts so we didn't have to see them, but they still could see our comments and they could post to us if they wanted (we just wouldn't see what they wrote).   

It had drawbacks.    As an example, if someone else quoted a post by someone we had marked for "ignore," we would then see their remarks in the quoted text.

I don't believe for a minute that it "can't" be added here but, instead, I do believe that it won't be added because the Q opted for a basic, no-frills pre-programmed forum software package with no customization permitted and limited technical support.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thank you for your kindness and details of the ignore feature. How have you been?

Hugs, 

🦋

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Thank you for your kindness and details of the ignore feature. How have you been?

Hugs, 

🦋

You're welcome, dear @butterfly123!    I've been "fair to middlin'" as they say in this neck of the woods.   I hope you've been well.   Thank you.  You're a sparkling bright spirit, a radiant and kind soul, and an encouraging presence on these forums.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@butterfly123 wrote:

@dooBdoo 

Hugs, 

🦋

You're welcome, dear @butterfly123!    I've been "fair to middlin'" as they say in this neck of the woods.   I hope you've been well.   Thank you.  You're a sparkling bright spirit, a radiant and kind soul, and an encouraging presence on these forums.❤️

@dooBdoo 

You’re very kind. I have been busy with medical appointments and don’t spend as much time here as before. Your posts bring a smile to my heart. You are an angel amongst us. Thank you for being inclusive here on the boards. You touch many hearts with your posts. I hope middlin feeling skyrockets to awesome soon. 

Blessings lovely friend, 

🦋

Honored Contributor

I remember the ignore feature of the past.  It was kind of useless, since you had to be signed in, in order for it to work for you. Usually, I read without signing in first, and only sign in if I want to respond. So I didn’t use it.

It was only called to my attention, when the poster, Mellie, would from time to time, post her “ignore list”!  The board got very active whenever she did that!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Mistic wrote:

May I ask please, what is an ignore feature?   

@Mistic 

The ignore feature was to block a poster from responding to your posts. I’m asking Santa for it 😊

I hope I can be nice until Christmas.

It didn't block a poster from responding to your post; you just couldn't see anything the poster wrote but it was still there for everybody else to see.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have my own ignore button.  There is a forum here I ignore altogether.

Also, if a thread starts to go south, get ugly or nasty I stop reading it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

That would be a good idea to bring the "ignore" feature back. And while we are on the subject I would like to have the "eye roll" emote back.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember the Ignore feature, but it really only seemed to be something else to fight about or use a weapon.  Flipped on and off at will with CAP LOCK on.

Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123 @dooBdoo  You two..💖💖

Trees are the lungs of the Earth