Occasional Contributor

Re: Boo hiss on previously recorded!

Super Contributor

From what I understand, QVC also owns HSN, Zulily, Garnet Hill, and other companies. It seems that they are spread way too thin, especially with the multiple QVC and HSN channels. Maybe they need to do some selling off the other companies and go back to basics??? Maybe just have one channel each for QVC and HSN???

Esteemed Contributor

@reviewer from sc wrote:

From what I understand, QVC also owns HSN, Zulily, Garnet Hill, and other companies. It seems that they are spread way too thin, especially with the multiple QVC and HSN channels. Maybe they need to do some selling off the other companies and go back to basics??? Maybe just have one channel each for QVC and HSN???

The PARENT company owns QVC & HSN.

Think of them as step-siblings.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

Totally 100% not impressed by this. If this continues think I'm done with QVC. As a longtime viewer/ customer of the Q for 18+ years, this leaves a bad taste in my mouth ugh. What are they thinking?? It cheapens them IMO.
Do TPTB (The Powers That Be) not realize all the swing shift and insomniacs (lol) that continually watch/SHOP during the overnight hours that will be totally turned off by this? Who came up with this brilliant programming lol? As I said on another discussion, Jill Bauer left just in time, wow!
Sure hope QVC reads these comments and reconsiders!!
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think QVC has probably been losing  viewer's and find it less expensive to not have live hosts for those hours. Cheaper to just rerun shows.

Personally I'm becoming tired of seeing the same items over and over. Hoping QVC can persuade some new vendors to come on board. I used to love to watch QVC.  especially during the holidays. (The sets were always decorated so pretty)  I would do so much shopping, found interesting and different items. Now I pretty much only look online to see what's available. 

I miss the 'old' QVC.

Super Contributor

In a way they run repeats all the time anyway as the same vendors and TSVs get beaten to death. So I guess this is a natural progression from that.

If I don’t want the compression socks at midnight why would they expect me to suddenly want them at 4am? Mindwashing? Backwards messages?
Esteemed Contributor

For the record, HSN and QVC are now one single business enterprise, QxH.

From the most recent 10-Q

"During the first quarter of 2019 the Company changed its reportable segments to combine HSN and QUV U.S. into one reportable segment called QxH. As a result, the chief operating decision maker began reviewing HSN and QVC U.S. information as one business unit."

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If QVC feels it's necessary to show reruns overnight, why don't they show reruns of the reruns already on QVC2 and QVC3?  They can tape one live show, then rerun it over and over on all 3 networks all day, every day.   That should save them lots of money.   And offend lots of loyal customers.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
New Contributor

I’m with all of you - and as a customer who buys a LOT from QVC, like many of you also are, why couldn’t they at least communicate this change? Would have gone a long way to just give a heads up and explanation. Without it, I feel cheated and unimportant to them. You’d think putting forward such a small step would be worth it to them to keep their high buying, long time customers.
New Contributor

I agree...what is going on???  I haven't placed an order in 2 months and am fed up with repetitive shows, higher prices, very poor return and refund turn around.