Just watched Bob Mackie with Mary Beth and I started to wonder..whatever happened to the beautiful scarves Bob used to desgn? Can he be convinced to do a couple for QVC? The big ones are especially nice in winter, can be draped over coats and sweaters to add that Mackie touch to an outfit....Loved the sbow and Happy BIrthday Bob!!!

Respected Contributor

I would love to see a new Bob Mackie scarf be available.  I have 2 silk ones, and a fleece outerwear scarf.  They are probably at least 10 years old.  My guess is that it is a matter of convincing QVC, not Mr. Mackie.

Esteemed Contributor

I remember Bob Mackie’s very first appearance on QVC. I remember a gorgeous 100% silk scarf. Like so many other designers at that time, Bob Mackie offered beautiful natural fiber items. Those of us old enough to have been following QVC from way back can recall the 100% Cotton, 100% wool, 100% silk, 100% linen items that QVC used to offer us. Now we get polyester, spandex, and rayon...very sad and disappointing.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'd much rather have polyester than silk which has to be babied anid dry cleaned.  Give me something I can throw in the washer and dryer.  All poly is not created equal and Bob uses the best.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Years ago, QVC used to offer a "washable" silk, can't remember the name but I think the vendor was Beth something.  I had a few items and they did wash well although as I remember they did need to be ironed.  But it was nice to have some non polyester items.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50  I bought some of the washable silk blouses years ago. I tried washing one of them myself, but it "grew"! The others, I continued to take to the dry cleaners and they were durable and lasted for years and years. Love them. Can't remember the name of the designer, either. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady. @kaydee50   I just found this thread; had intended to go back to it.  I have several of Bob's silk blouses stored away, unworn.  They were a little snug on me when I bought them so I put them aside.  I've lost weight in the past couple of years so I need to get them out and try them on.  I also have several unworn Gabriella T sweaters, remember them?  I even have Jeanne Bice embroidered shirts with button covers.  My closet is like a QVC museum.

@ellenchic   I recently found a Bob Mackie scarf still in the box.  I'm sure I got it for my "gift drawer" because it's primarily green which I don't wear.  Silk is prohibitively expensive nowdays.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

What treasurers! Sounds like you've hit a gold mine. Enjoy your new clothes and wear them in good health. PS: Congratulations on the weight loss!! (BTW: I also have a Bob Mackie silk scarf that I wear constantly! It has an Egyptian theme and gorgeous bright colors. Gets more compliments than I do!) 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I was watching his show today,he sure is a wonderful designer.Besides that the prices are not so high.In fact cheaper than Denim/co,which is getting out of line.Besides being a great designer,a wonderful man.