Honored Contributor

Re: Bob Mackie with Rachel,yesterday

I got the feeling Rachel was nervous and somewhat awed by appearing with Bob.  I think the chatter was nerves.  I often see her where she's fine with no excess chatter.  I also think there's a lot of pressure put on hosts to act bouncy and chatty like they're having a ball.  It's fun!  Their job is not an easy one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

All I can say is that the hosts seem to think they are stars and the shows revolve around them.  There is no need for viewers to hear about the latest trip or family event or what the homestead looks like.  Buyers of products want to know the facts which includes how to set up electronic devices.  We want to hear a description of the fabric and color.  Without all the excess chatter we might get to see more than six items per hour.

Honored Contributor

Didn't see it, but I like Rachel.  I also like Bob Mackie; I just don't care for his clothes.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see a problem with Rachel.  I will listen to her anyday over a few others.

At least she isn't trying to be cute the entire show.  Like Bob but his clothes are not my style.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of controversial content

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of controversial content

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624I agree with your view of the show. I think anyone interested in fashion would be in awe of working with Bob Mackie. He seems to have that affect on most of the hosts , but because he is down to earth he calms them eventually or by the second time around . 

I enjoy Racheal and noticed he many times commented on how well she wore the items. I agree with that.

In brick and mortar stores, restaurants , beauty shops, etc. (where one spends $s) patrons and clerks sometimes exchange  pleasantries  and still conduct business successfully . I always end up studying the website anyway for the details if I am going to purchase .

Honored Contributor

Bob is classy (like Tova & Louis D.),  and also a gentleman. He works well with Leah, Sandra, and MBR.

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

@Kachina624I agree with your view of the show. I think anyone interested in fashion would be in awe of working with Bob Mackie. He seems to have that affect on most of the hosts , but because he is down to earth he calms them eventually or by the second time around . 

I enjoy Racheal and noticed he many times commented on how well she wore the items. I agree with that.

In brick and mortar stores, restaurants , beauty shops, etc. (where one spends $s) patrons and clerks sometimes exchange  pleasantries  and still conduct business successfully . I always end up studying the website anyway for the details if I am going to purchase .

@okaywitheasypay. I agree.  Rachael looks better in clothing than many of the models.  She has a beautiful figure.  I like her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@mosky   I like Rachel. But to tell you the truth after awhile all of them  can get on my nerves with the repeated tactics. Jane Treacy always shoes a pair of shoes or another item and says," when they showed this to us in the host meeting we all just gasped".

I like all the qvc hosts I suppose, but I find watching qvc really is just a time killer for me. I don't watch as much as  I use to.  I will watch a few minutes here and there if flipping channels.