Esteemed Contributor

Have shopped both HSN and the Q for years. So I received a Birthday coupon in the mail a few days ago from HSN for $5 off a purchase. It's not a big coupon, but I figured I could put it to use. And then.....I noticed it's only good with a purchase made with the HSN card! LOL....did they expect me to apply for their charge card so I could use their coupon? Didn't they know I don't have an HSN card? Thank goodness I don't order much from HSN anymore, and with a stunt like that, I'll order even less. Needless to say the coupon is now in the trash!

Honored Contributor

Re: Birthday coupon from HSN

Sorry for the gift that isn't  really a gift!   I have no interest in getting more credit cards, either, so I'd toss it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@september, you're right - it's not a gift when there are strings attached or so many exclusions. Macy's sends discount coupons all the time, but their list of exclusions are so extensive....same thing with HSN. Too many times I've tried ordering something online with a discount coupon that was sent to me, only to finally submit my order and get a message that the coupon code I've entered is not valid for the item.

Honored Contributor

People are always talking about getting coupons from HSN.  I've shopped there since the late '80s and have never gotten a coupon.  So i called their CS one day and asked what i needed to do to becone eligible for coupons.  The woman checked my account and saw I was correct, then she gave me a $25. credit.  Sometimes if you want something, you have to ask for it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I purchased my last tracfone last year from HSN since the Q didn't have any TSVs.  That's the only purchase I've made and I get coupons every other month.  The last one was $10 off $30.  It would be great if they could be used on the Q, as I don't shop HSN and delete them.