Regular Contributor

I was so excited to see the demo since I was looking for small lights to place on my mantel with first my fall decorations and eventually Christmas. Well they worked fine for about 2 weeks( placed new batteries purchased specifically for them) and then things went south. Half would go on full agreement text very dim. Now nothing works. If I am not mistaken the rep said should last about 45days without changing batteries. Well is not near 45 days. Had anyone had this problem. Very disappointed

Honored Contributor

Re: Bethlehem mimi fairy lights

I used several sets last year.  All worked perfectly.  Sorry you've had a problem with yours.

Trusted Contributor

I've used several different brands of fairy lights for years.  Regardless of the brand of lights, the brand of the batteries, or length of the strand, one constant has been that they only last about 10 days before they severely dim on 3 AA batteries and a six hour timer.  

I used 15 strands of fairy lights in my Halloween decorations this year.  I put them up on September 23, and I had to change out the batteries twice on each of the strands in order to make it through the Halloween season.  That means I used 135 AA batteries on fairy lights alone.  I would happily pay more money for these light strands if they could make the battery packs for 2 C batteries.  I realize that part of the appeal of these lights is the compactness of the battery packs, but it would be worth the larger packs if you didn't have to keep changing out the batteries.  Valerie Parr Hill makes candle pedestals and swirl glass finials filled with microlights that take 2 C batteries, run on 5 hour timers, and they literally run without dimming for at least 4 months.  I would think that many people wouldn't mind a larger battery pack in order to have a longer glow time.  QVC sells plenty of illuminated items that use C and D batteries, so maybe fairy lights could be one of those items in the future.

Super Contributor

@tishkins

I don't know how long the batteries are supposed to last, but mine last about about 3-4 weeks when set on the timer.  I do know, from experience, that using the timer goes through batteries much faster than if you manually turn them on/off.  Even when the lights are off, the timer setting has to be drawing some power to know when to turn back on.  Still, I use the timers because, undoubtedly, I would forgot to turn the lights off each day.  My Christmas gift to myself is going to be rechargeable batteries for all my light strands and candles that I use all year long. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Glad I am not alone.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with @DeniseColo  ...using the timer shortens the life of the batteries for me too...