Trusted Contributor

Bethlehem Lights Tree Suggestion

To the BL folks - I love the glisten and slow glisten feature on your new TSV tree.  Please incorporate this technology into your white flocked Hudson trees for next year's model.  The white tree with the white flocking will look spectacular with the addition of that mode.  Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bethlehem Lights Tree Suggestion

Next time they do a tree...how about making that remote NOT attached to the tree....I want the luxuary of taking the remote with me anywhere in my living room...and still be able to adjust the tree lights...

Honored Contributor

I wondered why the remote was connected to the tree.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I wondered why the remote was connected to the tree.

They had a tree last year with the remote attached to the tree...that is the dumbest thing ever...I can't imagine why they think that is a good idea..they are saying so you won't lose it...is that a major problem ....

I have remotes all over my place to turn on lights...t.v..tree. air conditioners...fans..etc etc..I have NEVER lost a remote....

Respected Contributor

That would be incredible on the hudson, then I'll be mad because I bought the hudson tree this year sigh....

As for the attached remote, I believe when they presented one last year the "so you don't lose it" was an add on suggestion.  At this point in time, I believe the limitation of the technology involved requires it to be a hardwired controller (remote).  This is new technology for incandescent lights, not LED.

Honored Contributor

I have a different Bethlehem Lights tree request:

Please make some that are not just for people who want to downsize. This is always mentioned at different times during the TSV presentations.  These trees are too narrow for me.   Some people have the width of space to have a FULLER/WIDER tree.  I won't buy a tree from QVC because they only bring in these narrower widths. The BL trees are dense and beautiful, but too narrow for me.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I second the suggestion to have a non tethered remote on the incandescent tree that is the TSV.  This is holding me back from ordering this year. I'll wait to see if they eventually make one.  

I do love all the light features though.  I needed a new tree and actually ordered this tree last year in multi, but they sent me a clear light tree and multi was sold out  by then so I returned it and bought a decent tree at Home Depot. Now I'll just wait it out to see if the remote technology changes.  

The best tree I ever had was a Thomas Pacconi incandescent tree that had a non tethered remote. I could switch back and forth between clear and multi. It had 600 clear and 600 multi so when both were on, it had 1,200 lights. It also had a fade between colors and the speed could be adjusted so it would twinkle. All this could be adjusted with the portable remote. This was years ago, so I can't figure out why they can't do a non tethered remote. 

For those of you who have the Hudson flocked tree, how is the shedding? I would love to have a smaller, flocked tree for another area but am undecided on the shedding issue. 

Respected Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

I second the suggestion to have a non tethered remote on the incandescent tree that is the TSV.  This is holding me back from ordering this year. I'll wait to see if they eventually make one.  

I do love all the light features though.  I needed a new tree and actually ordered this tree last year in multi, but they sent me a clear light tree and multi was sold out  by then so I returned it and bought a decent tree at Home Depot. Now I'll just wait it out to see if the remote technology changes.  

The best tree I ever had was a Thomas Pacconi incandescent tree that had a non tethered remote. I could switch back and forth between clear and multi. It had 600 clear and 600 multi so when both were on, it had 1,200 lights. It also had a fade between colors and the speed could be adjusted so it would twinkle. All this could be adjusted with the portable remote. This was years ago, so I can't figure out why they can't do a non tethered remote. 

For those of you who have the Hudson flocked tree, how is the shedding? I would love to have a smaller, flocked tree for another area but am undecided on the shedding issue. 

The difference between this tree and the Paconi tree was the Paconi tree was simply activating circuits, the clear, the color or both.  This tree has dimmer function, twinkle and glisten functions that you can adjust the speed as well.  I imagine they will get there for the remote, but I'm betting it will require a remote to control a large controller box on the tree.

This looks like the technology on my BL battery operated tree and I will say that it starts up in the mode it was in the last time it was on.  I know I found the setting I liked best and kept it there.  On this, with the dimming feature, I would still think it would be a once in a while change so no big deal to walk up to the tree.

I bought the Hudson white flocked and love it.  There was a small amount that was in the box and a small amount that shed when I first put it up.  It didn't shed after that even with being bumped by my dogs and cats.  I kept it up a couple of days to make sure all was well.  It's a beautiful, magical tree and I'm really looking forward to the weekend after Thanksgiving to put it up again.

Trusted Contributor

The tethered remote doesn't bother me, because you could use the timer function. For the random times that I would want to turn it on or off other than the usual cycle dictated by the timer, it wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Respected Contributor

You know what else would be cool?  If they could develop a controller box/remote set-up like this that could provide this functionality to their existing trees simply by plugging them into the box and then the box into the outlet.