QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because calling out a specific poster

Respected Contributor

Re: Beth at QVC

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

People need to get a life.  Good grief!  I've posted responses to others in different forum titles.  Maybe because recipes is a subject that pretty narrow.

I don't know, but if it doesn't bother most of the people who post there, why should it matter?

I just skip over something I know isn't about the subject.  Why can't others do that?  It's not like it happens that often.  We all have the ability to scan a post and skip over it.

My guess is that most people keep to the subject/topic at hand because they want their post read and responded to.  If they don't there's a reason and I don't have an objection to having it be left alone.

But then, I'm only one person and it's my opinion (I need to post that because I've been accused of speaking for everyone)....

@Annabellethecat66

But even the Standards say

to stay "on topic"

so I think that's why most of us try

to do that and really it's more considerate

of other posters

to do that isn't it?

Also then what's the point of having

all the different categories of Forums if we

all make up our own

mind and our own "standards" of where

we'll post our threads or our posts

regardless of what the name of the forum is

or what the thread topic is?

(I think we all "have a life"lol!😊)

🤔🙂

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

People need to get a life.  Good grief!  I've posted responses to others in different forum titles.  Maybe because recipes is a subject that pretty narrow.

I don't know, but if it doesn't bother most of the people who post there, why should it matter?

I just skip over something I know isn't about the subject.  Why can't others do that?  It's not like it happens that often.  We all have the ability to scan a post and skip over it.

My guess is that most people keep to the subject/topic at hand because they want their post read and responded to.  If they don't there's a reason and I don't have an objection to having it be left alone.

But then, I'm only one person and it's my opinion (I need to post that because I've been accused of speaking for everyone)....

it would be so nice if people would just skip what they do not want to read but alas there are those that can't wait to report someone for having the misfortune of posting a comment in the wrong place. I am so glad I don't let the little thing like that bother me. Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is baiting

Honored Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

to stay "on topic"

of other posters

to do that isn't it?

all make up our own

🤔🙂

ITA with you.  Unfortunately, on this board, there are always plenty of people who think that the rules don't apply to them and if you don't like it - tough noogies.

But on the other 99.99999% of boards in internet land, this is the way things work.   This board is populated largely by people who are pretty new to the internet.   I'm not saying EVERYBODY, just a fairly sizable amount of the over-all population.    

If you bring anything up about basic manners, like this or like the fact that typing in all caps or all bolded is considered yelling, or other basic Internet Etiquette 101 notions, you are the bad guy and will get plenty of grief.

I've heard responses to people trying to help others not be rude, by following the basic rules, that were pretty much - I don't care.  I will do whatever i want.  Clearly, manners are not important to some and there certainly is nothing you can do about that.  

I think that the thread in question isn't all that big of a deal but it is against the basic rules of posting in the proper forum.    But, see how some people get all up in arms if you try and tell them that?   skeery!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Beth at QVC

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@newziesuzie wrote:

to stay "on topic"

of other posters

to do that isn't it?

all make up our own

🤔🙂

ITA with you.  Unfortunately, on this board, there are always plenty of people who think that the rules don't apply to them and if you don't like it - tough noogies.

But on the other 99.99999% of boards in internet land, this is the way things work.   This board is populated largely by people who are pretty new to the internet.   I'm not saying EVERYBODY, just a fairly sizable amount of the over-all population.    

If you bring anything up about basic manners, like this or like the fact that typing in all caps or all bolded is considered yelling, or other basic Internet Etiquette 101 notions, you are the bad guy and will get plenty of grief.

I've heard responses to people trying to help others not be rude, by following the basic rules, that were pretty much - I don't care.  I will do whatever i want.  Clearly, manners are not important to some and there certainly is nothing you can do about that.  

I think that the thread in question isn't all that big of a deal but it is against the basic rules of posting in the proper forum.    But, see how some people get all up in arms if you try and tell them that?   skeery!  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt and @newziesuzie, I agree with both of you.  I would add that for some reason there's usually some level of mockery directed toward anyone who suggests that we might want to read the standards or try to follow the guidelines.   Also, it's not possible for the moderators to see all the threads (or posts) or, if they notice them, not always an easy call to decide if they should be relocated.   (Heck, it's not always clear to us which sub-forum to choose for some topics that would easily fit into more than one, but it's certainly more thoughtful to others to give it our best try.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Not just the recipe area, but, the Kitchen area where I used to hang out talking about what your suppose to be talking about in first place.

As usual here they come taking over the forum with Good morning threads, sob sister stories, pics of animals, sunsets, etc. There's plenty of areas that is geared for this sort of stuff. I've turned in to mods 2 threads in there and obviously they don't agree with me.  I had to post a Kitchen question in Community Chat because when I tried to turn the conversation back around to Kitchen interest I got called out and when I told that person this , after all , was the Kitchen area they didn't like it. I give up.

If they do allow a Music Forum like they're contemplating I give it 2 days before here comes the people that want to run the boards with their own agenda and that is to put personal stories and pics in a music forum , no less.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Not just the recipe area, but, the Kitchen area where I used to hang out talking about what your suppose to be talking about in first place.

As usual here they come taking over the forum with Good morning threads, sob sister stories, pics of animals, sunsets, etc. There's plenty of areas that is geared for this sort of stuff. I've turned in to mods 2 threads in there and obviously they don't agree with me.  I had to post a Kitchen question in Community Chat because when I tried to turn the conversation back around to Kitchen interest I got called out and when I told that person this , after all , was the Kitchen area they didn't like it. I give up.

If they do allow a Music Forum like they're contemplating I give it 2 days before here comes the people that want to run the boards with their own agenda and that is to put personal stories and pics in a music forum , no less.

@SharkE. I agree with you. I thought all the personal posts and pictures were to be in Among Friends. Oh well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Q doesn't enforce their own rules and/or they feel sorry for the folks who that's all they have to do every day. They read their sob stories about this and that which nobody can do anything about in first place and they feel sorry for 'em , so, they let them nest wherever they land. LOL

Honored Contributor

P.S.

I'm still taking bets on the new 'Music Forum' though. I told U so. LOL