Occasional Contributor

Believable diamonique jewelry, please.

I want jewelry that looks as if I might actually be able to afford it IRL.  Anyone else?

Regular Contributor

Re: Believable diamonique jewelry, please.

I agree....I only buy pieces that are believable.  1 carat rings, etc.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Recently purchased 1 carat total weight earrings- 1/2 carat each ear.  Love the size 100 facets. Received compliments " Your Diamond earrings are beautiful"  There is something for everyone's tastes.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree.  I would love to see huggie hoops with small stones.  I'm not into large stones or big carat weights either.  

Honored Contributor

I would love to see believable sized DMQ in 14k rose gold.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Recently purchased 1 carat total weight earrings- 1/2 carat each ear.  Love the size 100 facets. Received compliments " Your Diamond earrings are beautiful"  There is something for everyone's tastes.

I love the 100 facets.  I have those earrings and a bracelet.

My signature look is BIG rings.   I don't buy anything under 10 carats.

But I do like my earrings and bracelets to be more "believable"

Not that I'm trying to pull one over on anyone.

Regular Contributor

I totally agree. I have beautiful 1/2 to max 2 carat diamonique jewelry set in 14K gold that is absolutely gorgeous. I actually prefer the emerald cut and asscher cut diamonique stones  that I find refract the light so beautifully. I found the 100 facet cut looks too "watery" and doesn't flash the light like the emerald and asscher do.

The diamonique line used to be stunning here at QVC. It is really limited and wanting for much improvement right now.

Trusted Contributor

I am hoping for more tennis bracelets in white gold under 2 carats. i had a beautiful one that i lost and am hoping to replace it. I would love to see more updated earrings in gold also. They have so few items, and the same old style. I am so sick of the unattractive hoops with the large stone in the middle....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Teufelkatz wrote:

I want jewelry that looks as if I might actually be able to afford it IRL.  Anyone else?

@Teufelkatz

I'm not sure why this is a problem. 

What you can't afford might be VERY affordable for the next person, so why wouldn't a QVC Buyer want to accomodate everyone?   The answer is having a broad selection that would appeal to a wide selection of customers.  

Jewelry comes from other sources, as well .....  what looks like it might be unattainable IRL might have actually been a GIFT ... or an INHERITED piece from an aunt, grandmother ... or MIL.  

Personally, to illustrate my point, I have 5 pieces of diamond jewelry and I didn't pay for any of them.   One is an old engagement ring, one from my former MIL and 3 pieces were from my grandmother.   I wear all of them.

Plus ....  some women want a few "fantasy" pieces ..... a gorgeous ring with a 5 carat center stone or a larger carat tennis bracelet.     Not every woman wants jewelry that looks like dinky diamonds, for lack of a better way to put it. 

From what I've seen on the Diamonique selections, there are small AND larger carat weights.  I think that's as it should be.   JMO

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of women who feel perfectly comfortable wearing fake diamonds that are a lot larger than the average person can afford, and are happy to be wearing Big Bling, fake or not. They will buy because it’s their style.

I’m not one of those people. I too would seek out a reasonably believable size or pass. I also would usually rather skip anything “clad” in anything, and want carat gold.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all