Super Contributor

Before and After Beauty Photos

Please take the before and after Beauty photos at the same distance. The after photos are taken at a further distance. Way deceiving.

Regular Contributor

Re: Before and After Beauty Photos

Good suggestion @Didiville 

I also think they have to do the same when showing fashion items.  Sometimes you see the background (i.e windows etc) and the models wider in the before and then slimmer in the afters.

Respected Contributor

They do this on purpose, so you won't see that the "after" is no different from the "before".  Smoke and mirrors!

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

Also the after facial shots show eyebtows added etc.  I agree deceiving & they think they're fooling us.  Ha1

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The lighting is often at a different angle in the before and afters. The shadow created by shooting "across" the skin instead of straight on is deceiving. Anyone with a critical eye can see differences in the before and after photography. 

If there was a product that REALLY reduced wrinkles the whole world would jump on it. It would be the one and only product that anyone needed. Alas, there is no such product. 

As one commenter here said, "smoke and mirrors".

C

Trusted Contributor

I don't see much difference in any of those photos.  In fact, some of the befores look better than the afters.

Respected Contributor

I laugh to myself at the facial expressions.  The before pictures the models look sour faced and scowly and after so happy and smiling.

Trusted Contributor

@Gorgf  Haha I noticed that too.  Sometimes just smiling is the best makeover anyone can have!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

It is so easy to photo-shop these things that I no longer pay any attention.  

Respected Contributor

I have strong feelings about these before and afters and I don't buy into them at all. I have a theory about what I think they do. I think they find a subject who literally has never used any kind of skincare program at all, except maybe a bar of soap.  Then they set them up with all these products and voila, OF COURSE they look dramatically better!  I am someone who uses really the best of the best out there (within a certain budget of course) and I cannot be compared to somene using harsh soap and no products on their face when evaluating the results of a new product.  So I don't take stock in those photos and just consider the features and key active ingredients of a product when deciding to buy.  I honestly hate when they do that with the double sided computer screen, showing these crazy results.  Most who are already on some kind of quality skin care program will not see such dramatic differences.  Also, I notice the mouth.  In the before, they'r alway pursing their mouth a little bit to generate more creases.  And in the after, mouth is so relaxed.  Same with eye area.  I just hate it.  (My comments only apply to facial skincare products.  Other things like hair regrowth etc are harder to fudge.)