Regular Contributor

I have been a faithful and loyal QVC customer for more that 25 years and QVC was always my channel of choice, but for some time now it is just not as enjoyable.  I know the times they are a changin but the poor language and the poor appearances and the screeching voices not to mention the high prices are just a turnoff.  Shoes, shoes, shoes and lounge & sleepwear, it's just boring.  And Christmas now starts in June.  This is the first year I have not made a decorative Christmas purchase.  Like most of you, I have spent a lot of money at QVC but they seem to be on a youth kick and yet the testimonials are from mature women.  And their "fashion days" seem to be regurgitated items that have limited sizes or colors.  Sorry, just needed to vent.

Honored Contributor

I understand.  I used to watch because QVC had unique items not easily found elsewhere.  Now, there are so many other options, I seldom watch any presentations.  I do check the LTS but otherwise I check the "recently on air" and these forums and that's it.  Can't remember the least time I watched a full presentation of any item.

Esteemed Contributor

I  get what you are saying.  It has changed a lot over the years (I've also been shopping here for 25 plus) and not good change!   I agree with everything you stated and my shopping has decreased immensely.  The thing that  bothers me the most and there are many, is the shipping fees and the problems of receiving items in a timely fashion or at all.   I have a LTS purchase I made that was supposed to be delivered on the 7th, here we are the 10th and there is no tracking info since the 4th!   This will be the third time I have not received a purchase if  in fact it doesn't show up.  I'll give it a bit more time but IMO, it cannot be the shipping companies or USPS as I have not had any other issues with alternate online purchases. 

Occasional Contributor

I also agree with high prices, shipping costs, obnoxious show hosts that make you change the channel instantly.  I have decresed my QVC orders considerably even though I have been a shopper for 30 years.

I watched Denim & Co this AM,11/20/20, saw the same UGLY things they have been showing for months.

What I found VERY DISTURBING in closing remarks from Carolyn, is that next week she and Gary will be together.  Is the VIRUS magically OVER because the ELECTION IS OVER???  What's going on here?  This should be made clear to the American people QVC!!!!  

Honored Contributor

Good there are plenty of places to buy from that don't require you to watch their programming. It's a positive change not to be glued to tv all day. 

Honored Contributor

@JTK wrote:

I also agree with high prices, shipping costs, obnoxious show hosts that make you change the channel instantly.  I have decresed my QVC orders considerably even though I have been a shopper for 30 years.

I watched Denim & Co this AM,11/20/20, saw the same UGLY things they have been showing for months.

What I found VERY DISTURBING in closing remarks from Carolyn, is that next week she and Gary will be together.  Is the VIRUS magically OVER because the ELECTION IS OVER???  What's going on here?  This should be made clear to the American people QVC!!!!  

@JTK 

I don't understand your comments....did she say she and Gary will be standing next to each other on air?  or could she have meant they will be together like they have been, via skype or phone?

IMHO, QVC has been complying with heath suggestions.  Number of models are reduced and are no where near the host.  Demonstrating models are on a different set and previous airings are used many times.

Double hosts are on different sets.

If they are 6 feet or more apart why is it an issue?  Camera and off air personnel are still wearing masks.

Honored Contributor

"they seem to be on a youth kick and yet the testimonials are from mature women."  

QVC is on a youth kick.  Last year Qurate's CEO said QVC is "targeting Millennials.  Youth is where it's at."

But QVC isn't leaving me behind in it's dust.  For clothing, I mostly shop at other retailers I like better.  

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I understand.  I used to watch because QVC had unique items not easily found elsewhere.  Now, there are so many other options, I seldom watch any presentations.  I do check the LTS but otherwise I check the "recently on air" and these forums and that's it.  Can't remember the least time I watched a full presentation of any item.

"QVC had unique items not easily found elsewhere."   

I know what you mean.  Remember years ago when they had the pooping moose candy dispenser? 

Honored Contributor

I'm thoroughly bored with their products.  I used to have it on in the background but haven't done that in a few years now.  

I don't care how hosts dress, do their hair, do their nails, or if they mis-pronounce a word.  Hosts are salespeople and not my friends. I don't have any desire to hear about their families, vacations, faith, etc.

I do care about hearing all the pertinent information about the products.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the vent, @mildoo -- I totally agree!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt