Honored Contributor

Beauty Suggestion-Foundation Descriptions

Please QVC let the vendors/hosts give better descriptions on foundations and concealers.  Telling a viewer "Fair is the fairest of fair" or "Light Medium is between Light and Medium" - Really?  That's ridiculous. That's not a description.  Is the Fair light or warm toned?  Is the Light/Medium warm toned, neutral or cool toned.  Does it have peach in it? Or warm golden toned.  Same with all the shades.  Give us a decent description!  It won't take that much longer to give a decent full description of each shade and will help the viewer figure out which shade to buy.

By reading the Beauty forum, you can see how many people make mistakes ordering foundations or concealers based on the way they are described right now and are really unhappy when they receive their items.  Or they don't order at all because by the poor description given, they can't tell which shade to order.  Picture and models do not help much either.  You would have far fewer returns and much happier customers if you took a few extra minutes to give a more detailed description of each shade.

Super Contributor

Re: Beauty Suggestion-Foundation Descriptions

Completely agree...and to that let us know... what is the finish...DEWY...MATTE..SHEER 

and what is the coverage....Light...medium...full...

Honored Contributor

@TVLand wrote:

Completely agree...and to that let us know... what is the finish...DEWY...MATTE..SHEER 

and what is the coverage....Light...medium...full...

@TVLand  Thanks for mentioning this.  Yes!  Agree to this also!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL Thank you Judy L... I agree 100%....It is ridiculous how they skip over describing what would be the most important thing about a foundation, is color and coverage and finish!!!!

Spend less time going over pricing which is something we can easily see, and spend more time going over things that will help the consumer make a good choice!

Respected Contributor

It is a little ridiculous. At times it's like, "Fair is the lightest, light is between fair and medium, medium is between light and dark, dark is between medium and deep, and deep is the darkest. WOW, how informative!!! I could have just looked at the screen and figured that out! 🙄   

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

This is the post of the day. Signed, Nicole Kidman, fairest of the far, burns easily. 

Trusted Contributor

@JUDY l, I LOVE R M S cosmetics. She does a great job of describing. Also, her personal site will answer personal questions about foundations. Wish they would give her a longer segment when on the Q.I have reached point afraid to order foundations on Q. Tell me who would look good with cool shades, warm wrinkles etc. no yellow in color. All Q models are the same. Let's get some NATURAL LOOKING PEOPLE!!!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  - They breeze through their limited description of the shades.  The Tarte rep is the worst.  I can't think of her name, but she's the one that applies foundation to her mom.  She's great at talking about Tarte's products, but when she describes the shades, it's speed-talking time.

Honored Contributor

MAC and RMS are the best at describing their foundations and shades. The rest of the brands could learn from them..