New Contributor

Be more specific when presenting footwear

Models and hosts are usually barefoot when presenting shoes and boots/shooties.   When venders say the shoe runs true to size, are they referring to wearing barefoot-it really can make a difference by perhaps a 1/2 size up or down if someone wants to wear with a sock or not.  Very helpful if someone is ordering a brand they aren't familiar with.  I purchased Vionic Serena in my "true to size 7M" and they were too big to wear sockless as I had intended AND as the models and hosts were showing them.  Unfortunately I waited too long before really trying them out and it was too late to exchange or return.  This has happened 2 other times-the statement "runs true to size" doesn't always mean anything.  I love when Jane will say "I wear a 7, and that is the size I'm wearing".   How about the models saying the same type of thing...are they wearing their regular shoe size, did they feel wearing barefoot they had to size up or down?   Great that free exchanges are offered but when it's a TSV often the exchange in color and size you want are already sold out so you get stuck with paying return postage anyway.  We really do depend on how much information we can get from the host and vendor and not all hosts give enough information.  More is better!

Super Contributor

Re: Be more specific when presenting footwear

Funny you should mention this topic.  I heard a host say the other day when they were pressenting a piece of clothing, a top.  " This top is in my regular size, unless I sit down."

WHAT,  I don't have stand up clothes and sit down clothes.  UGH!

Esteemed Contributor

For clothing, the size chart that is specific for that garment is usually correct.  Footwear is different.

I always go up a half size on athletic shoes and boots, so that is what I consider to be my regular size.  In what I call street shoes or even slippers, I wear a different size.  When hosts try on shoes, especially since the vendor is usually there, I want specifics.

Generally, I have been very lucky with ordering shoes on the Q.  However, recently, I have found that in athletic shoes, there are some styles/manufacturers where I need to go up one full size, mainly because I always add my orthotic.

I noticed last night that they were selling the Vionic orthotics separately, and I wonder how that affects the fit of their shoes that already have them.

So many of us have this concern, so I hope that someone is reading them and listening. I still think that Jane is probably the best for descriptions, but I sometimes need more info.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These hosts and vendors need to be more specific in general about the clothes and footwear. If they want us to watch the show and buy the stuff and not go through the hassle of a return, which is a cost in some way for everyone. I'm taking a year off from QVC purchases so maybe by then things will be turned around.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Many of the hosts and vendors gloss over important information, and spend too much time on useless information.  It's very frustrating.

Honored Contributor

When I read reviews of shoes - whether it’s on QVC, Vionic, Zappos, Amazon or anywhere else, what I see are ten people swearing the shoe is utterly true to size and ten people swearing it runs large or small. I see people saying they wear an 8 in everything and have to wear a 7-1/2 or a 9 in a particular shoe, and others saying it’s spot on 8 for them.

Feet and shoes are too individual to be described 100% accurately as being one size always perfectly fits everyone’s foot who wears that size.  Honestly, I don’t pay much attention to others’ opinion on size because I’ve found it to NOT apply to me...so it isn’t useful.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@aoldgirl wrote:

... I heard a host say the other day when they were pressenting a piece of clothing, a top.  " This top is in my regular size, unless I sit down."

WHAT,  I don't have stand up clothes and sit down clothes.  UGH!

Thanks for my first laugh-out-loud moment of the day. I needed it.