Regular Contributor

Remember the old days with Silver jewelry on Sundays,  polish stoneware, we still like beautiful dolls and teddy bears.. Not so much clothes and make-up and please if you do clothes, please get actual designers,, Gary on denim shows. Please don't insult us.

Honored Contributor

Sales of jewelry, teddy bears and stoneware were down.  Profits are being made on clothing.  Denim & Co. Is very popular and many of us enjoy Gary.   Programing indicates areas that are profitable. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@PuggirlJust because I remember them doesn't mean I want them to return.  I did buy a few (very few) silver pieces, but never a single penny went to the Polish stoneware which looked pretty but never had my colors or to Boyd's bears.  Some of the bears I thought were cute, but I never liked a single item from their resin line.

Also I remember I never spent a dollar on SG sport -  to this day, I don't buy sets, but I do buy from the current SG offerings.  Once I orderered a Citiknits selection;  it was in the mail the same day it arrived.

Probably my favorite QVC purchases were gold, but in the days I was buying gold, gold on the commodity market was about a third of its current cost.  No way is my current income 3 times what it was when I bought my jewelry wardrobe.  I didn't even buy a piece of gold to celebrate my 75th birthday last year! 

Now I buy more skincare than anything else -  I'm as bad about that as I used to be about gold! 

Super Contributor

I agree..  I do love the camo TSV

had to have those..  I do like jewelry (mostly the western, Native American).

I collect stoneware made in Texas and the antique vintage ones.

I use Fiesta stoneware to cook in.    

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

QVC , HSN and Evine no doubt present on air what sells, and what they can get a contract  with the manufacturing company on. Maybe the choice to take polish stoneware off QVC was polish stoneware's decision , and not QVC. I too would like to see more variety in products, but it does not look like that is going to happen.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@PuggirlJust because I remember them doesn't mean I want them to return.   

Yes to this!

Yes, I would like more variety in the brands and products, but no, I don't want dolls and teddy bears back. I loved Boyd's Bears and did have a few, but frankly, they just collect dust and I'm allergic. I'd much rather spend my money on more useful items.

Esteemed Contributor

151949 wrote:

QVC , HSN and Evine no doubt present on air what sells, and what they can get a contract  with the manufacturing company on. Maybe the choice to take polish stoneware off QVC was polish stoneware's decision , and not QVC. I too would like to see more variety in products, but it does not look like that is going to happen.

No doubt there have been exceptions, but more often than not when brands disappear from QVC, or their time is cut back, it is QVC's decision to do this.  The publicity a brand can get from being on QVC usually creates a bump in their sales throughout the retail market.  Whatever it cost to appear on QVC is miniscule compared to regular advertising (TV, radio, internet, magazines/newspapers), and very effective for attracting business.

Let's not be naive, if a product or brand isn't reaching some magical minimum standard of sales set by QVC's corporate number crunchers -- it's out.   

Honored Contributor

People don't "collect" anymore.    No Boyd's or Marie Osmond dolls.    That ship has sailed.    But I do miss the Sunday morning silver shows.    I like variety so now it's either Ripka or southwest style.    Neither one is a big winner for me, how much of that do you need?

I don't buy clothes or shoes, I rarely cook.    Low maintenance on the makeup & skincare.   I still see QVC as a jewelry retailer and I buy a good piece every now & then.

@Puggirl