Esteemed Contributor

Re: BRING BACK THE QVC INSIDER MAGAZINE...

@DJs mom, the printed paper, mailed version that I received month after month was called InsideQ. The name InsideQ did not just start when the online version commenced.
So the paper InsideQ was excellent and helpful, and in demand.
The online InsideQ is missing everything that made the paper InsideQ enjoyable.
Occasional Contributor

Long ago I paid $12 yearly for it, I would be glad to pay for it again to receive it. I too would turn down the corners to think about what I wanted to purchase. I'm buying less now that I don't see what is scheduled.  Bring it back!

Honored Contributor

I believe this is a cost-cutting measure and nothing more. So l doubt that the hard copy is coming back. But why can't the online version be the same as the print version was??

Other companies provide online catalogs that are in the format of a paper catalog, e.g. Nordstrom. Something for the Q to seriously consider, as it will be better for business, IMO. And that's the bottom line...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I'm fine not having the paper copy.  But I want the same TSV previews and information as in the paper copy to be online.

As it is, I'll ignore InsideQ.  The last 2 have been a complete waste of time.  

Respected Contributor

wrote:
@DJs mom, the printed paper, mailed version that I received month after month was called InsideQ. The name InsideQ did not just start when the online version commenced.
So the paper InsideQ was excellent and helpful, and in demand.
The online InsideQ is missing everything that made the paper InsideQ enjoyable.

@x Hedge, you are correct. I too received the printed version and it was called Inside Q, however what they have now is not the same. I wish they would have kept the same digital version as before.

Honored Contributor

I think almost everyone unhappy with all the changes in this matter would be satisfied with an online version that was just like, as complete, and included the same things that the former print version had. 

I have checked a couple of times since the switch, and I have no reason to go back. It is simply a waste of my time. 

I'm looking for upcoming new merchandise, upcoming TSV's etc. 

And here is something QVC must know. The more you put your products in front of the customer, the more likely you are to make a sale. 

So whether the print version we just lost or an online version in the same format, it pulled us in with new and up coming merchandise to see and consider purchasing, while the new one seems not to. 

When I had the print version, I would look through it again and again, sometimes leading  me to get online to look at other similar things at the Q or other things in the product line. Simply the power of suggestion kept QVC in my mind, the products that were interesting to me in my mind, kept me coming to the website to see the products or watch a video or two. 

Without anything in print or online containing all the elements of the Insider, it is just one less thing to remind me or to entice me to buy something here. 

Not really a good idea for QVC, in my opinion.

Frequent Contributor

If they shut down Qvc 2 or Beauty IQ channel...they can save up ALOT more money!

Valued Contributor

wrote:

I think almost everyone unhappy with all the changes in this matter would be satisfied with an online version that was just like, as complete, and included the same things that the former print version had. 

I have checked a couple of times since the switch, and I have no reason to go back. It is simply a waste of my time. 

I'm looking for upcoming new merchandise, upcoming TSV's etc. 

And here is something QVC must know. The more you put your products in front of the customer, the more likely you are to make a sale. 

So whether the print version we just lost or an online version in the same format, it pulled us in with new and up coming merchandise to see and consider purchasing, while the new one seems not to. 

When I had the print version, I would look through it again and again, sometimes leading  me to get online to look at other similar things at the Q or other things in the product line. Simply the power of suggestion kept QVC in my mind, the products that were interesting to me in my mind, kept me coming to the website to see the products or watch a video or two. 

Without anything in print or online containing all the elements of the Insider, it is just one less thing to remind me or to entice me to buy something here. 

Not really a good idea for QVC, in my opinion.

@Mominohio  This, exactly. I was definitely enticed and drawn in by the original paper and online versions. I personally wouldn't mind if Q just wants to go back to the onine version in the same format, but you are correct in saying that the paper version caused me to look twice, and three and four times at products I wouldn't otherwise have bothered with. Having something to physically hold in my hands and peruse really made a huge difference in my purchases. Not only did I buy more TSV's, more often, but I purchased new products I would never have considered, had I not had the opportunity to familiarize myself with the item via the Insider.

Anytime you can get your product into someone's sight-line, there is more of a chance they will make a purchase. Hello, marketing 101.

Whomever was involved in the ultimate decision to eliminate the Insider, I'd be seriously surprised if they have much knowledge or experience with sales or marketing or turning a profit. And even if they do, they will soon realize the huge mistake this was.

Frequent Contributor

One one hand it's saving me money to no longer receive the Insider. On the other, I miss the format. The current inside Q page doesn't cut it. I'd be willing to pay for a subscription again if they'd bring it back.

Frequent Contributor

The least they could do is show a preview of all the upcoming TSV's for the month so that we can plan our purchases even if I won't buy as much without early reviews we got through preorders.