Trusted Contributor

Why are woman's briefs called "granny panties?"  I think this is such a silly term.  Some like to have more coverage than the bikini or thongs.  If you like a strip of material up your bu--, go for it.  Don't desparage the women who like a little more coverage.  

Trusted Contributor
@Jinlei, ITA!! Well said!!!!
Super Contributor

Years ago, Breezies had a “sports type” bra that came in Black, Grey or Pink.

It was called “Double....something.” lol. 

I LOVED IT. It had separate cups but the band was double thickness as well as straps. 

They did not put it on air very often, and therefore it was discontinued with little notice.

It was unique in that it was not a “uni-boob” and could be worn daily.

Now I’m missing it.....

.......and I haven’t thought about it for years! lol

Regular Contributor

Why was the young-ish Breezies rep (I didn't catch her name) in the red dress talking a mile a minute?!!  Goodness, i was thinking, slow down gurl!!

Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@KKWAlol -  Been there, done that.    For years when I was plus size, Nordstrom didn't sell a single bra that fit me.  I've lost massive weight in the last few years and  was fitted there a few weeks ago -  and as you say, a very helpful staff.  She found exactly one bra on which she and I agreed was the best I was going to do from their collection. They just don't carry even now what fits me best.

Just went to an excellent local bra shop near me last week -  the fitter and I must have tried 2 dozen bras.. No brands that I've seenin a mall store.  Even with all those in "my size"  only 2 stood out and one of those had to be altered.

I was fortunate that my mother realized early on that, like her, I was always going to need an excellent fitter so by the time I was middle school age, we used the same bra shop.  The engineering has improved so much since those long-ago years and there are many more choices for us "challenged" bra shoppers.  Good thing for me because age has definitely created a whole new set of issues that determine what feels good and creates a good look on me.

But we agree -  finding a good fitter is something many women would profit from doing.  I know for me a good bra fit improves how I feel and how my clothes look, I just wish it were easier!

This is to everyone who experiences issues with finding a bra that truly fits. Although it's a mail order company try barenecessities.com. I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and I think it's at least 20 years since I've been buying from them.  They truly have a wide range of sizes, I wear 40HH (UK) which is equivalent to a 40L in US sizing.  Happy shopping.

Honored Contributor

I believe their younger, sexier styles were offered in a line called Barely Breezies.  I just did a search and came up with 0.  There either is no demand from their demographic (us) or I have the wrong name.

Valued Contributor

I agree they certainly do not care much about the plus size customer. But I disagree about liking Breezies. I've tried 3 different things from them and they are all junk. 2 Bra's, different, ordered months apart broke after just a few wearings. On one the wire poked right through the fabric. I sewed it back and two washing later the other side broke through. With another one of the clips broke. I've had bra's for years that never broke!

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I LOVE ALL OF THE BREEZIES PRODUCTS, BUT I BELIEVE THEY DON'T CARE TO CATER TO PLUS SIZE WOMEN.

I like Breezie bras but I wish they'd cater to those of us who are less well-endowed. 

Respected Contributor

I cannot wear their undergarments. I'm apparently allergic to the elastic in the panties. Had to throw them all in the trash. And I have yet to find a bra that fits me. So I no longer order anything in this brand.

Trusted Contributor

Can you really call thongs underwear?  Why not wear no underwear?  What does it cover and what purpose do they serve besides having a strip of material up your crack?