Occasional Contributor

Re: Attracting Younger Customers and Beauty IQ

@SunValley exactly. Why fake the demonstration? They need to do their makeup presentations the way they do their hair demos. Show people HOW to use the products. Spend more time with the models. I believe it's HSN that sells Lancome. They always have 3 people on their shows. The vendor (who talks about ingredients and such), the host, and someone who applies the makeup and shows the techniques on the models.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Attracting Younger Customers and Beauty IQ

I agree with you @fashionkilla . I have been buying beauty products (mostly cosmetics) from the Q for about 10 years now, I'm 30. I remember the fun kits they used to sell (BE, Tarte, Laura Geller, etc). They all were at a very affordable price point (under $50) and included a lot of fun products plus a great expandable zip case or train case other other creative storage box. I don't find I'm buying any cosmetics anymore. BE and tarte are no longer featured as much. I'm not attracted to IT Cosmetics or Philosophy (overdone, and too basic). I would love to see Urban Decay, Kat Von D (again), MAC cosmetics, Too Faced, Becca, and Benefit, among others. I agree that they should capture all audiences, not 35+ ers.