Valued Contributor

Re: Ask Your Questions About the Forums Here

Not a question, only a simple request.

There is a loss of organization here with no sub forums. Every forum is a scrambled subject that takes more time to peruse. Please seriously consider adding subforums back into the mix.
Esteemed Contributor

Just to echo to please bring back the sub forums!!

And, is it really necessary to display how many tags someone has? What does that mean to us? Also, how many hearts they received? If we can't follow up somehow, then why even display these?

Can you also please bring back how many times a post has been viewed? This is the way we could tell if a post was "popular" or not.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

1)  I don't appreciate having to re-sign in every time I step away.

2)  I don't appreciate opening up Community Chat  (???) and seeing pages full of ABC, 123 games.

3)  I would like to be able to see more than one response box on the page at a time.  Perhaps if you got rid of the juvenile nonsense -- hearts, tags, avatars -- as well as the empty white space -- we would be able to see a string of responses, making it more of a fluid conversation.

4) I'd like to see preferences permanently in play once you select them.  

5)  I'd like to see items such as font size be permanently in play once you select them.

6)  I'd like to see better emoticons...ones that you can actually SEE.

7)  Subforums are absolutely imperative.

I adapt to change very easily and look forward to challenges...but the way these boards are designed and formatted makes participation prohibitive.  

I don't presume to know what the motivation was behind this new design but you are losing participants in droves because of it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

1)  I would appreciate not having to re-sign in every time I step away for a few minutes.

2)  I would appreciate not seeing pages of ABC, 123 games when I go to Community Chat (???) each morning.  It was my understanding that Community Chat was for conversation.

3)  I would appreciate your eliminating all the juvenile nonsense -- hearts, tags, avatars.

4)  I would appreciate seeing more than one response on a page.  This problem is due to all the wasted space (see #3) as well as plain empty white space.  One should be able to see a string of responses (like on the previous boards) to have a meaningful conversation.  Scrolling is a waste of time and work.

5) I would appreciate features you choose remain permanent instead of having to re-set them each time you post (font size, etc.)

6)  Subforums are imperative.

I adapt easily to change and look forward to a challenge but the formatting and design on these boards simply does not work.  You have made it more cumbersome in terms of keystrokes,  bouncing back and forth from response to response and page to page.  It doesn't flow.  It is not conducive to conversing or sharing ideas.  It is annoying and a waste of my time.

Respected Contributor

1)  I would appreciate not having to re-sign in every time I step away for a few minutes.

2)  I would appreciate not seeing pages of ABC, 123 games when I go to Community Chat (???) each morning.  It was my understanding that Community Chat was for conversation.

3)  I would appreciate your eliminating all the juvenile nonsense -- hearts, tags, avatars.

4)  I would appreciate seeing more than one response on a page.  This problem is due to all the wasted space (see #3) as well as plain empty white space.  One should be able to see a string of responses (like on the previous boards) to have a meaningful conversation.  Scrolling is a waste of time and work.

5) I would appreciate features you choose remain permanent instead of having to re-set them each time you post (font size, etc.)

I adapt easily to change and look forward to a challenge but the formatting and design on these boards simply does not work.  You have made it more cumbersome in terms of keystrokes,  bouncing back and forth from response to response and page to page.  It doesn't flow.  It is not conducive to conversing or sharing ideas.  It is annoying and a waste of my time.

Respected Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

Just to echo to please bring back the sub forums!!

And, is it really necessary to display how many tags someone has? What does that mean to us? Also, how many hearts they received? If we can't follow up somehow, then why even display these?

Can you also please bring back how many times a post has been viewed? This is the way we could tell if a post was "popular" or not.

Honored Contributor

I have a very basic question, but l think it's on everyone's mind: WHY DID YOU DO THIS???
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

Hate it QVC.....I didn't where the heck to post this so I just hit reply.  You've lost me and I so enjoyed the forums.  Goodbye Everyone.

Honored Contributor

You said ask so here goes..

Why did you move gamers into Community chat, gamers is busy enough to have a separate thread, putting them together has caused confusion...

Bring back the sub forums, what the heck did you take them away for?

Why when we post do we have to be told it was success  to click here to view your post?

Why does the screen jump around?

Who was the one that gave the final approval for this mess, yes we'll adapt but there are things out o'whack!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I also have a specific question: Why did you dump the Gamers subforum into "Community Chat" but then tell us to open new games threads in "Among Friends"???
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~