Esteemed Contributor

Re: Any possibility we can get a Prayer Forum?

@gracie2014 wrote:

@Of course @Mj12. It would just be a place where folks could posts prayer requests....there would be strict guideleines in place per those already written in QVC's rules.

That can already be done now.

We don't need a "special" place to do what is already being done in other places.

If one doesn't want to read such threads, then they have the ability of not opening such threads.

It's the same thing with wanting the "Ignore" button back.

If a thread is so upsetting, then simply exercise self control and don't open it.

It really is as simple as that.

Super Contributor

@Sooner And there are at least three active threads asking for positive thoughts, prayers whatever..my point is why not have it in one forum...one mom asked for prayers for her 17 year old son..80 folks hearted or commented..once his surgery was over sge came back and updated us....there is another poster who is dealing with a number of health issues and is asking for prayer...many are praying for her...I think its wonderful..she is clearly not well enough to make it to a church as one poster wrote ,prayer belongs in a church. 

Esteemed Contributor

Prayer requests don't need to be all in one forum, nor should they be.

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@Of course @Mj12. It would just be a place where folks could posts prayer requests....there would be strict guideleines in place per those already written in QVC's rules.

I doubt a lot of people from Among Friends and Community would visit. Probably more prayers and good wishes would be said in these forums ...people with who we post with on a near daily basis extending their good wishes. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder what forum request will be next?

One for left-handed people?

How about one for the weather?

Respected Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
leave prayer for church,

Not all prayer has to do with church or religion.  I don't go to church but I pray. My guess is that people who don't pray would not understand the concept.

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

It would be nice!  I think it would be better if we could keep all the "religious" comments in one thread and, just maybe, it would keep so many other posts from being g spoofed.  At least, let opinions be expressed (IN ONE THREAD).

Again, it's prays.  Not necessarily religious.

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@Moonchilde they are allowed when making a buck..It happens all of the time when certain hosts sell jewelry, the bibles, figrines. rosary beads, etc...and people call in with their stories....QVC allocates time for these presentations to be made ..Just asking a question..Please note they always have a host who is not afraid to speak of his or her faith...the message I get is they are talking/making decisions out of both sides of their mouths..if prayer is ok..dogma ok, scripture ok/audio bible..The Lord's Prayer on the wide band ring..then what is the difference? I am talking about a closed group..and I see your point..but my point is I shouldn't have to scroll through pages of threads to see if folks are in need of prayer...Actually it is offensive to me..Haven't had my cup of coffee yet..so hope this makes sense...This week has the npotential for being one of the most difficult and painful in my life..please pray for me to be given wisdom..thanks and God bless.

@gracie2014, QVC has chosen to keep how they conduct their on-air business completely separate from the standards in their forums. It is their choice to make, not a customer's choice. As has been explained in similar threads many times, there are very rarely any surprises in what on-air hosts and vendors (and even callers) say during shows selling religious items; no loose cannons.

"My point is I shouldn't have to scroll through pages of threads to see if folks are in need of prayer." ... "Actually it is offensive to me."

Seriously? In a nutshell, that exact attitude from some pugnacious posters is what precisely what caused the standards to be changed.

This is not a church or religious forum. If you are only interested in religion and who might need prayer, scriptural quotes, proselytizing and evangelizing, then you should be seeking out such forums from churches and religious websites - there are a great many of them on the great World Wide Web.

This forum was created by QVC for people to discuss their products, and to have general, fairly light-hearted chats. That may not be the 100% reality, but it is the point of the forums. The point of these forums has never been to encourage discussion of all things, and politics and religion are not to be discussed here, period.

QVC has already made this decision; they aren't going to revisit it - they have no reason to.  Offense goes both ways; you are offended QVC isn't a religious website.  It offends me that some adults can't take no for an answer.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@Sooner Not that it will ever get to this point, but I am thinking QVC could actually be sued  over this matter.They are not terrified of mentioning religion when it comes to selling items..whether it be jewelry., figurines, rosary beads, the audio bible or allowing multiple hosts to speak about  their faith. There is no reason in the world this shouldn't be allowed to happen...if folks sign up for it like the gamers...where is the beef? You wouldn't have access unless signed up....so if it offended you don't sign up..

QVC's forums are theirs to govern. Period. When people sign up to join this forum (which they have to do, you can't just wander by anonymously and post whatever), they are agreeing to QVC's rules and standards for the forum.

Will you be stepping up yourself to sue QVC in a class action lawsuit on behalf of all who believe as you do? Let us know how that goes. Everyone would be interested, I'm sure.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I am a person who prays and believes. I am grateful to take part in prayer for members, and I take doing so seriously.

I believe that there is no good place here for a forum.

I don't undersatand how or why payer "offends" but I do believe that formalizing something that we're already doing isn't necessary or advisable.