Frequent Contributor

Re: Any possibility we can get a Prayer Forum?

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can see where that would soon morph into a full religious thread with poems and scripture quotes.  I don't think QVC wants to go there again. 

It would have to be open to all prayers of all beliefs too or QVC would be criticized for being unfair or discriminatory.

I think the Q made a decision to disallow religious content along with political and I agree I don't see them backtracking.

A seperate political forum wouldn't have a chance either imho.

Valued Contributor

What a great request. I know if one of my family members or even myself needed a prayer in our/ my time of need, it, would be greatly appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

Won't happen and this will get poofed.  QVC is terrified of any mention of religion unless they are selling something related to religion then everything is fine and dandy.

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@butterfly123..thank you, praying it comes to pass..It would be like the gamers..so only those interested would sign up for the prayer forum...so those not wanting to see scripture or anythiny remotely related to prayer need not sign up..so they should not be offended...

Scripture and references to specific religious dogma and tenets are not allowed.  If they're not allowed, ohhhh, well, of course it's okay if you want a hidden one. Not the way it works.

There are prayer threads existing on the forums right now. QVC has not forbidden threads requesting prayers, with contents consisting of yes, I'll pray for you. They have never forbidden this. And they exist right now. What exactly is wrong with them? What do they lack in content?

If you're actually asking whether there can be a hidden forum so that specific scripture and Biblical content and dogma of a specific religion can be created for those who are upset because they can't say all they'd like to be able to say in the existing prayer threads - that's exactly why the No Religion forum standard was created in the first place.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Great idea.....doubt it will happen.....no safe haven provided by QVC.....unless they are selling items of faith.....then religion is incredibly important to them.

Super Contributor

@Sooner Not that it will ever get to this point, but I am thinking QVC could actually be sued  over this matter.They are not terrified of mentioning religion when it comes to selling items..whether it be jewelry., figurines, rosary beads, the audio bible or allowing multiple hosts to speak about  their faith. There is no reason in the world this shouldn't be allowed to happen...if folks sign up for it like the gamers...where is the beef? You wouldn't have access unless signed up....so if it offended you don't sign up..

Super Contributor

@Moonchilde they are allowed when making a buck..It happens all of the time when certain hosts sell jewelry, the bibles, figrines. rosary beads, etc...and people call in with their stories....QVC allocates time for these presentations to be made ..Just asking a question..Please note they always have a host who is not afraid to speak of his or her faith...the message I get is they are talking/making decisions out of both sides of their mouths..if prayer is ok..dogma ok, scripture ok/audio bible..The Lord's Prayer on the wide band ring..then what is the difference? I am talking about a closed group..and I see your point..but my point is I shouldn't have to scroll through pages of threads to see if folks are in need of prayer...Actually it is offensive to me..Haven't had my cup of coffee yet..so hope this makes sense...This week has the npotential for being one of the most difficult and painful in my life..please pray for me to be given wisdom..thanks and God bless.

Super Contributor

People are offended by Shawn's Hear my Soul Speak, they are offended my a number of things qvc allows on air related to prayer...whether it be pieces offered by Jim Shore, rosary beads sold during the Irish shows...Rose of Tralee/St. Patrick day celebration, bibles on audio and they play the audio...which is scripture..so why should folks not be allowed to have a group for prayer...maybe call it.The Prayer Closet...not open to everyone..just those who sign up. 

Trusted Contributor

leave prayer for church,
Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice!  I think it would be better if we could keep all the "religious" comments in one thread and, just maybe, it would keep so many other posts from being g spoofed.  At least, let opinions be expressed (IN ONE THREAD).