Super Contributor

Re: Any possibility we can get a Prayer Forum?

@dooBdoo, I get it....there is a huge group on fb of women who left these boards because of the censorship...women then began to posts prayer requests..a few members of this secret group complained about folks asking for prayer..what ended up happening was a place solely devoted to prayer..most just say, "praying" but it has surpassed the original group in terms of members......the women in the group are quite remarkable.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I find it no coicidence that when some "different" religious quotes started showing up on someone's signature, all of the religious posts suddenly became verboten. This was a religion that wasn't mainstream here and probably the powers that be didn't want to deal with the fall-out from having to allow some religions here and not others.

I seriously doubt that QVC wishes to get back into the business of allowing any religious content here. I think a random thread asking for good thoughts and a prayer may still continue and be over-looked by the moderators but I seriously doubt a Prayer forum would be permitted.

Hi, @Trinity11!   They allow the requests and more general responses because that's provided for in their Guidelines.  (I thought it might be helpful to post it here:  "To keep an atmosphere in the community of fairness, discussion of religion will be prohibited as a controversial topic. Wishing or asking someone for “prayers” will be allowed as this is an expression of comfort. Religious or controversial signature lines will be deleted.")

On one recent thread, @Barbara-QVC added this comment after removing a couple of posts:  "This post has been removed by QVC because it can be deemed as religious. It is okay to offer prayers for each other however we must keep them general without religious detail."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

gracie2014 wrote:

@dooBdoo, I get it....there is a huge group on fb of women who left these boards because of the censorship...women then began to posts prayer requests..a few members of this secret group complained about folks asking for prayer..what ended up happening was a place solely devoted to prayer..most just say, "praying" but it has surpassed the original group in terms of members......the women in the group are quite remarkable.

I think I understand.   Even so, what I find sad is that anyone would feel the need to abandon this community.   A business can't operate a public forum without censorship.   Like it or not, the content of the posts represents the company.    I've been a part of several prayer groups on other venues for years.   At the same time, I appreciate this community for the people who are here and the options we do have for sharing, teaching, learning, laughing, crying, and even making friends.   I prefer to concentrate on gratitude.    Just my opinion, but the fact that this forum can't be everything we want isn't good reason to depart...  and I do feel our attempts to control or change it, and any incessant complaining, put the existence of the Q forums in peril.   We might find we've tossed the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I find it no coicidence that when some "different" religious quotes started showing up on someone's signature, all of the religious posts suddenly became verboten. This was a religion that wasn't mainstream here and probably the powers that be didn't want to deal with the fall-out from having to allow some religions here and not others.

I seriously doubt that QVC wishes to get back into the business of allowing any religious content here. I think a random thread asking for good thoughts and a prayer may still continue and be over-looked by the moderators but I seriously doubt a Prayer forum would be permitted.

Hi, @Trinity11!   They allow the requests and more general responses because that's provided for in their Guidelines.  (I thought it might be helpful to post it here:  "To keep an atmosphere in the community of fairness, discussion of religion will be prohibited as a controversial topic. Wishing or asking someone for “prayers” will be allowed as this is an expression of comfort. Religious or controversial signature lines will be deleted.")

On one recent thread, @Barbara-QVC added this comment after removing a couple of posts:  "This post has been removed by QVC because it can be deemed as religious. It is okay to offer prayers for each other however we must keep them general without religious detail."

Yes, Hi @dooBdoo I have seen people pushing the envelope and posting religious content only to have it removed. I think the thread regarding "What is your purpose in life" was full of religious content taken down.

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful request. I would love it too! We have one where I work, and it is just beautiful! 

Respected Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

Ah...now it's become crystal clear.

Super Contributor

@dooBdoo, I would never think of leaving and hope people don't take that as my message..because it isn't....the women who left and formed a group on fb are still very much involved with the bb....yes, there are guidelines in place..why those same guidelines can't be used  for a prayer forum is my question...it would be a place where folks not only ask for prayer..but where they can update us as well....

Honored Contributor

OP - I am assuming ALL religions would be welcome in this Prayer Forum you mention?

Honored Contributor

@gracie2014 wrote:

@Sooner Not that it will ever get to this point, but I am thinking QVC could actually be sued  over this matter.They are not terrified of mentioning religion when it comes to selling items..whether it be jewelry., figurines, rosary beads, the audio bible or allowing multiple hosts to speak about  their faith. There is no reason in the world this shouldn't be allowed to happen...if folks sign up for it like the gamers...where is the beef? You wouldn't have access unless signed up....so if it offended you don't sign up..

They can't be sued because this is a private forum owned by a business.  You do not have a right to "free" speech here.  You have to follow the rules.  I get that.

I just think it is pretty tacky to use religion to sell all the time then NOT allow it (within reason I agree) here.  Tacky.  

Super Contributor

Of course @MJ12. It would just be a place where folks could posts prayer requests....there would be strict guideleines in place per those already written in QVC's rules.