Respected Contributor

Another travel forum request

Pretty pretty please! It would be great to be able to post about a specific destination in its own thread. I think there would be lots of discussion in a travel forum and I'm quite surprised there isn't one.
Valued Contributor

Re: Another travel forum request

I think that's a great idea. I for one would like to hear about the Carribean.  My dh and I will be going there for our 50th wedding anniversary. I would love to hear other people's opinions. Thanks

Respected Contributor

@QuinnPenny are you cruising? What specific locations are you going to? I might be able to give you some recommendations. I want to post a thread about a trip we're taking to Scottsdale in November.
Respected Contributor

Oh, and happy 50th anniversary! What a great accomplishment!
Trusted Contributor

I completely agree that a travel forum would be very poplar and make discussing various aspects of travel much more user friendly.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@bexorer yes! Organization is key!
Occasional Contributor

I would like suggestions for things to do in NYC. I'm going for the first time in October. 😀

Respected Contributor

@Gapch I can give you lots of suggestions. I'm on my way out the door but I'll be back this afternoon. What are your interests?
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Rachb

I will be there from Saturday morning till Tuesday morning. My daughter is taking me for a "big" birthday. I want to see as much as possible. Maybe a Broadway show, Statue of Liberty, I love to ear,  the blogs?.  What do you consider must sees?  I will be turning 65 and probably won't be there again. Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Definitely see a show. I saw Beautiful a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. If you like Carol King, please go see it. Les Mis is great as well. If you're near Times Square, definitely hit Junior's for cheesecake. Bouchon and Momofuku for delectable baked goods. There are really so many good restaurants in the city that I can pinpoint any one in particular unless you have a cuisine in mind. The Statue of Liberty is fun, but sort of difficult to get to if you're in midtown. You'll have to cab it (which can get expensive) or take the subway, way down. The Guggenheim is fun. The Met is great but I prefer the Guggenheim or Moma over it because it can get very overwhelming. Though touristy, it's fun to take the double decker bus tours around the city. The nice thing is you can hop on and off to explore lots of different neighborhoods, and then catch another bus whenever you want as they run frequently. Check out Rockefeller Center and NBC. While you're there, pop into Tuescher or la Maison du Chocolate for amazing chocolate truffles. Stroll down 5th Avenue for window shopping. Check out Tiffany to browse. Grab a buggy ride in front of the Plaza Hotel to take you through Central Park.