Frequent Contributor

I wanted a top for a vacation and paid for premium shipping to get it to me in 2 days.  The premium shipping is an extra $20.  There is also express shipping that will get it to you in 3 days.  I wanted 2 because I am going on a trip.

Unfortunately, the item was shipped the day it was supposed to arrive to me.  That means over 48 hours of processing!  QVC needs to FLAG the premium shipping items so they won't stay in processing too long.

I will return the item once I get back from my trip and ask for a FULL refund.  QVC is no Amazon or Zappos. 

Frequent Contributor

Also I would like to add that if QVC does not get their shipping faster, they will be the next Toys R Us.  Most of the millineum generation does not watch TV.  They are online and do their shopping that way.  The days of brick and mortar are going as well as TV shopping.  The baby boomers are keeping you fed now, QVC as I am one of them with the TV and online shopping, but things will change as the baby boomers go.  The new generation wants thing faster and better.  They will go to online shopping websites that are faster and cheaper.  Amazon has out done everybody.  Lookout QVC!

Honored Contributor

Sorry you didn't get your top on time, but I'm sure QVC will make good on the shipping charges.  You're much braver than I am.  I'd never play it that close to order something I want to take on vacaton.  Knowing me, I'd already be packed and ready to go!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Another Shipping Post

[ Edited ]

Many places that have expedited shipping do not include processing time in the shipping, which is very frustrating. QVC is especially bad, since they have the longest processing tiime of any company I've ordered from, but I've had this experience with other companies, too. They need to make that clear in the ordering system and they do not.

That said, I never count on expedited shipping for something I need for an event with a firm deadline that's only 2-3 days away. That's just cutting it too close and even if the company ships in time, I've had UPS schedule things for delivery, show the item as "out for delivery" in the tracker, then wait until 8:00pm to send me a reschedule notice. Other times things like snowstorms or floods slow delivery because no one can control for the weather and the weather does not care how much extra we pay for 2-day shipping. If I don't have a 2-day buffer, I assume the item will now show up in time and plan accordingly.

Frequent Contributor

I usually don't wait till the last minute either, but as I was checking the weather for Japan it was 10 degrees warmer as the vacation approached which is tomorrow.  Since I order from Amazon all-the-time I get my one-day or next day deliveries.  It is very rare that I do not.  Also I have never been delayed at Zappos next day as well.

I thought I would give it a try.  QVC did say 2 day that also included processing time!  It says it when you choose the delivery time you want.

I am not mad because I did not count on it.  I am disappointed in QVC.  I will know better next time.  It makes me evaluate my shopping at QVC.  That is always a good thing.

Trusted Contributor

I'm waiting on the "it's YOUR fault" responses to start.   Smiley Frustrated   The QVC cheerleaders never miss an opportunity.  

In the meantime, I'll just say that I totally agree with you.   When I pay for premium delivery I EXPECT premium handling as well.   Why would any reasonable person expect otherwise?