Respected Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

To each their own, but I thought the show was fun. As long as they manage to get in the necessary information, which they definitely did, I enjoy the social chatter. It's rather like shopping with some friends, which I think is the intent.

Fun is at a premium these days, for many, so I will never object to someone having a little. It rubs off a bit, too, and can lift the mood of the observer, if we let it Woman Wink

ITA, I have no prob with the hosts/vendors making the show fun.  People will complain no matter what they do. If they didn't make it a little fun and entertaining then there'd be complaints of how boring and non-engaging the hosts/vendors were.

New Contributor

I unintentionally offended some. It was not my intent.  Maybe it was envy someone was having fun. I think this past year has made me far less joyful. I was only surprised corporate encouraged the "talking over" each other. I like Belle's  clothes so I will take the suggestion to use the mute button. 

Super Contributor

I most always watch on Mute!

Trusted Contributor

I think the same thing when I watch Leah and Shawn drinking wine on Tuesday evenings. Those are big glasses of wine! 

Respected Contributor

@lmtep wrote:

I'm annoyed by the multitude of posts like this.  I mean why would you watch something annoying to you?  Just don't do it.

Now, this is one my MY pet peeves.  When my one and only favorite vendor is on, I WANT to hear what HE is saying about the product since I have a second mortgage on it here, if you will.

I want to hear EVERY word he says about it and the host, no matter who it is, just keeps talking over him and he just backs down, does not finish what he has said and THAT will keep people from buying because now, they're not sure what to do, how to use it so they just say eh, the heck with it.  The poster that began this thread is right.  It's seriously annoying and how many times I've shouted at the TV when he was on, I can't count.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I think we all have our fave hosts and shows.  I know I enjoy David and get a kick out of his  "happy dance"  but others not so much.    Unfortunately since there's no eating food on air now he rarely does it. 

I do not have a favorite host.  I only have a favorite vendor.  I do like the easy pay and better prices that QVC has.  When he's on, I want to hear EVERY word he says, especially when he comes out with a new scent or new item.  In fact, why doesn't the host just introduce the vendor and go OFF.  I'd love that.  The host is just a nuisance for me and they're just digging a bigger hole......backwards.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldgirlfun wrote:

I unintentionally offended some. It was not my intent.  Maybe it was envy someone was having fun. I think this past year has made me far less joyful. I was only surprised corporate encouraged the "talking over" each other. I like Belle's  clothes so I will take the suggestion to use the mute button. 

No need to apologize. You're entitled to your opinion just like everyone else.

For me, I want the facts. The goofiness is fluff and a time killer. The CEO wants Q to be entertainment which appeals to many people, just not me.  I want the details up front and then they can do whatever they want. 

Contributor

I admit I'm a fan of Kim Gravel and her show as well.  Maybe it's a guilty pleasure.  I often will watch Saturday evenings--not intending to buy but knowing I'm probably going to be entertained and have some laughs, maybe cause I'm a southern girl (ok, Texas--southwest) listening to southern girls, especially if Courtney is host.  For my taste, she's the best host for Kim and the best overall pairing I see on the Q.  Courtney and Kim play off of each other, sometimes I find myself just laughing out loud, their banter is so funny.  They are southern girls which means you're not going to hear tacky word usage like "bucks" (really wish Shawn would cut that out). For me, it works with them. Other hosts--heavens not so much--or not at all!  Also a plug for Kim's clothing line and how she describes the details. I happen to think her clothing is rather well made and attractive.

Respected Contributor

Honestly, I started to enjoy QVC alot more when I stopped watching.  Like the website, not the channels..

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Super Contributor

I don't think you offended anyone. I totally get where you're coming from. Some nights are easier to watch than others! I spend a lot of time flipping channels and using the mute button. I can't take it some nights either! Take care~