Occasional Contributor

Re: Amy Stran Wardrobe Changes

I do like Amy, she is one of my favorite hosts. She does a good job of describing products. My issue is, in my opinion, there is way too many wardrobe changes within her shows. For example: when tops are selling down, she will change from color to color within the same product. It's not necessary, as it has already been shown. Just move on to next product.

Valued Contributor

@nextwinner  Welcome to the QVC Forums! I'm sorry you've been attacked on your first post. Disregard the mob mentality. You're entitled to your thoughts and opinions. You're not alone in your thoughts. Also, there are lots of other great folks here! 

Trusted Contributor

@On It wrote:

I agree that the models are there to let us see the clothing on a body. The host's job is to describe the product and give us the necessary measurements, fabric content, weight, size range, etc. Amy is not the only host changing. Others do as well from tops to shoes to outerwear and even wigs.

The hosts need to select items in their show to make an outfit, and wear it throughout their show. Their focus should be on informing the audience not modeling.

Mary Beth does this.  She wears something from the show and for the most part keeps it on.  She might change into a sweater or jacket.  All that changing is very distracting.

Honored Contributor

@nextwinner wrote:

I do like Amy, she is one of my favorite hosts. She does a good job of describing products. My issue is, in my opinion, there is way too many wardrobe changes within her shows. For example: when tops are selling down, she will change from color to color within the same product. It's not necessary, as it has already been shown. Just move on to next product.

The point many are trying to make @nextwinner is that Amy is TOLD what to do by the producers.

She does NOT make the decision to just move onto the next product!

She does NOT decide what is necessary.

She is told to put on another color probably, as it is NOT selling in that choice.  Their data shows when a particular color is 'gushed' over....it sells!

They track sales in real time.

Esteemed Contributor

Courtney is another host who must ear everything.  It's so cool & fun.

Respected Contributor

@straitgirl wrote:

Courtney is another host who must ear everything.  It's so cool & fun.

Huh?

Trusted Contributor

@nextwinner  I think management must encourage this. Nanacy Hornbeck got on my last nerve with her " quick changes". She seemed to delight in saying that she worked in musicals and such and had to change withiin seconds. She also made a big deal to always say, i  " I am wearing the xsmall but its too big." 

Other hosts like Jennifer andCarolyn  ( I like them both) also do wardrobe changes but are more low key about it and it works. I like Amy ok but not my fave. I wish qvc would go back to some of the old  ways they demo items. Showing more details of the seams, showing the liniings of jackets, showing more details of waistbands and such instead of so much nonsense bable, silly laughing fits when nothing is funny and the constant reference to drinking wine. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I appreciate the hosts wearing and changing into the various items they are presenting.

Different combinations, etc.

I'm only guessing that they can't hire many, many models to wear and present the many various clothing items.

Amy and other hosts do a good job quickly changing into the various tops, sometimes even joggers, etc.

Jennifer Coffey is more my body type, (more or less), and I also appreciate her wearing/changing into various tops.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

Amy likes hearing herself say she wears an xxs.

Respected Contributor

Please give @nextwinner a break here. She registered to give her opinion which she is entitled to just as everyone else on here.

Amy does love to watch herself on the monitor.