Respected Contributor

Alleviate some shipping woes?

I just head that shippers are expecting a Billion packages for the holidays. Many are enlisting uber, door dash, type drivers to help.

One report said we needed to ship by Dec 15th to insure Dec 25th delivery.

All my shopping and shipping are complete. Now I am being enticed by sales. What if we could delay shipping for 2 weeks or so but still get the on line deals? 

I'm not going into stores but am using curb side or amazon or target delivdery. Today I remembered I needed tooth brushes. I had second thoughts that it could wait until the holiday rush is over. The delivery/shipping folks are really stretched to the limit.

So I would buy now and ship later if given the option.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Alleviate some shipping woes?

@granddi wrote:

I just head that shippers are expecting a Billion packages for the holidays. Many are enlisting uber, door dash, type drivers to help.

One report said we needed to ship by Dec 15th to insure Dec 25th delivery.

All my shopping and shipping are complete. Now I am being enticed by sales. What if we could delay shipping for 2 weeks or so but still get the on line deals? 

I'm not going into stores but am using curb side or amazon or target delivdery. Today I remembered I needed tooth brushes. I had second thoughts that it could wait until the holiday rush is over. The delivery/shipping folks are really stretched to the limit.

So I would buy now and ship later if given the option.

@granddi  .... I think that’s a great idea !!! 😉

Super Contributor

Re: Alleviate some shipping woes?

that would be great! when I used to travel to family for Xmas eve, always hated some deliveries arriving that day and into the eve worrying about porch thieves. and things that aren't urgent or Xmas related can wait so those who do need by Xmas can get their deliveries on time. 

they have 'advance' order options, so it would seem easy enough to implement. plus it would ease things for the warehouse staff. 

diuh!