Respected Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

Just my opinion, but if some posters don't care for a host on the Q, why do you feel the need to state this on more than one thread about said host? 

IMO, that looks off like maybe you're really conflicted. You're literally spending your time posting about a host you supposedly can't stand. 

There is no need to be so negative. It's Christmas and New Year's. 

I am as entitled to voice my opinion as anyone else. Sorry we can't agree on this, but that's life. What difference if it's the holiday season??   You enjoy. i'll watch something else.

Respected Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@NycVixen wrote:

Just my opinion, but if some posters don't care for a host on the Q, why do you feel the need to state this on more than one thread about said host? 

IMO, that looks off like maybe you're really conflicted. You're literally spending your time posting about a host you supposedly can't stand. 

There is no need to be so negative. It's Christmas and New Year's. 

I am as entitled to voice my opinion as anyone else. Sorry we can't agree on this, but that's life. What difference if it's the holiday season??   You enjoy. i'll watch something else.

@Perkup You are indeed. It just doesn't make sense to me that you feel the need to voice your displeasure regarding Alberti on more than one thread about him. I find that distasteful and disrespectful to the OP.

It also makes me think your behavior is off because most people when they don't like someone or something tend to avoid it. It seems you relish in your negative postings about Alberti. I find that behavior a bit disturbing especially during the Holidays, when most people try to be positive and grateful for what they have. 

I guess you don't realize how weird it is to see your negative posting about Alberti on one thread and then minutes later on another. If you can't watch him, how can you keep posting about him? 

~Live with Intention~
Valued Contributor

I find him to be one of the very best hosts on QVC!!  He is informative,knowledgeable,and has a calming way about him.I will watch anything he is presenting,He does not speak loudly,laugh hysterically or discuss how many of the products he owns.All in all he is ,as i said one of my favorite hosts!

Honored Contributor

Good grief, I like Alberti too but is his every appearance an Emmy-eligible performance?  All he does is host an average show and people fall apart with their congratulations.  He's just doing his job.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

He seems like he is a cordial, respectful individual. He said he was raised in Manhattan and his mother worried at Bergdorf Goodmans Department Store. Seems like he is stylish the way he dresses and carries himself.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if they are prepping Alberti to be the successor to Valerie Parr Hill.  She is going to end up retiring at some point in the next 10 years or so, and someone will have to take over the home decor.  In past years, there would be a lot of variety from various vendors from Christmas in July to mid-November.  This year, Valerie's items dominated and Kringle Express was miles behind in second place.  If they want to continue using Valerie's designers and manufacturers, they're going to need someone in the wings to help solidify those relationships with those people and continue her traditions on air.  The only other person who has a decor following is Jill Bauer, but I think Jill is very polarizing in terms of people's opinions of her.  One things for sure, if either Jill or Alberti take over for Valerie, they would no longer be able to be a host.  What Valerie does is a full time commitment, and one couldn't do both. They may just end up hiring someone totally new to be the face of Valerie, Inc.

Honored Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

I wonder if they are prepping Alberti to be the successor to Valerie Parr Hill.  She is going to end up retiring at some point in the next 10 years or so, and someone will have to take over the home decor.  In past years, there would be a lot of variety from various vendors from Christmas in July to mid-November.  This year, Valerie's items dominated and Kringle Express was miles behind in second place.  If they want to continue using Valerie's designers and manufacturers, they're going to need someone in the wings to help solidify those relationships with those people and continue her traditions on air.  The only other person who has a decor following is Jill Bauer, but I think Jill is very polarizing in terms of people's opinions of her.  One things for sure, if either Jill or Alberti take over for Valerie, they would no longer be able to be a host.  What Valerie does is a full time commitment, and one couldn't do both. They may just end up hiring someone totally new to be the face of Valerie, Inc.

@TenderMercies  IMHO They would do well to make some drastic changes in Team Valerie and go in a new direction.  Her merchandise is stale and repetitive.   How many twinkling orbs or faux  mercury silver do-dads does a person need?  We need new and fresh in holiday decor.  Even the shows have become a mishmash of sparkly stuff laden on groaning tables.  Its too much and all looks alike.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

If Alberti is being groomed (I doubt it) to take over for Valerie, I would hope it would be sooner rather than later. Valerie's products are China made junk. I no longer purchase her items after being burned more then once.  Alberti should have his own vendor choosing.  If he is showing the same Valerie junk as now, I don't know how well the shows would do. Or if he would even  want to do it with Valerie's left overs.

Regular Contributor

I enjoyed watching Alberti the other day.  I do not get the other QVC channels on my cable so I do not get to see him very often.  I enjoy his calmness and presentations.  No silly phrases or squealing. 

Is there a way to search to see which hosts are presenting?  I would like to be able to watch the hosts I enjoy, no matter what product they are presenting.

Trusted Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

If Alberti is being groomed (I doubt it) to take over for Valerie, I would hope it would be sooner rather than later. Valerie's products are China made junk. I no longer purchase her items after being burned more then once.  Alberti should have his own vendor choosing.  If he is showing the same Valerie junk as now, I don't know how well the shows would do. Or if he would even  want to do it with Valerie's left overs.

@Rockycoast I believe that if there were factories in the USA that made these types of home decor products, and that items produced in those factories would be affordable to the QVC customer, then Valerie would happily produce her goods there.  However, considering our wage laws, the cost of these already pricey items may triple for the consumer if they were manufactured in this country.  People already complain that these items are too expensive.  There heads would explode if they saw what it would cost them for these products to be made in the USA.

I agree that many of the items made in China can have a cheap quality to them, but that is often the case with products that are mass produced.  Valerie's products need to be produced quickly and ready to sell at the appropriate time.  How many times do we see complaints that Valerie's items sell out too quickly?  When you have a huge demand and a very short period of time to provide the supply, the manufacturing process must be speedy to meet deadlines.  Back in the "good old days" we didn't have 325 million people living in the USA, so there could be more care and time put into the production of goods.  Since we have more people, we have a higher demand, and deadlines must be met.  I can tell from experience that people are not patient when it comes to waiting for what they want.

So, I'm actually totally fine with products being manufactured in China, for a couple reasons.  First, most products that I've purchased from QVC that are made in China have lasted me for years and are of a good, sturdy quality and an affordable price.   I am very discerning about what I choose to purchase.  Some items, regardless of how they are constructed, are going to have a shorter life than others, so I choose wisely.  Second, I've studied trade law and traveled around the world.  Many have a notion that everyone takes from the USA, and we get nothing in return.  That's not true.  American brands are recognizable and sold around the world.  If you walk into a deli in Cairo, Egypt, you will see the Coca Cola logo plastered all over the walls, and the product itself is lining the refrigerator shelves.  If you go to a mall in Madrid, you will see that the hottest products are Nike and Levi's.  Despite what some may say, there are trade laws which protect all involved, and trade is about give and take.  

What I always tell people who say things like, "They took our jobs!" or "Bring back manufacturing to the USA!" is buy yourself some stock in companies like the ones I mentioned above.  Not only will you get to reap the benefits of companies that trade internationally, but you will also learn from your shareholder statements how American companies fit into the global community.  It's always a good idea to take a look at the bigger picture.