New Contributor

Affordable & Practical A Cup Bras for mature women

I would love to see breezies make an affordable A cup bra.  I wear a 36 A cup bra, but they are hard to find.  Everything in retail is teen age or underwire or leopard print, lacey or they bairly cover the breast. I am 60 years old, I do not want any of that. Here are some of my suggestions for a bra for mature age women with bulges, but not in the right places.  I would like to see straps that are more than a piece of elastic and a little wider, not because the breast are too heavy, but for comfort.  I would like to see high sides under the arm that do not rub the front of the arm pit to cover the bulges that are not where they are supposed to be.  I would like to see a 3 double hook closure in the back, no slip over your head or step into bra, to make it adjustable.  Fabric that is soft and comfortable and does absorb persperation, but is not slick or sliming feeling when you sweat, because small boobs sweat to.  A cup that fits to your breast that is not gaping when you bend over or push your arms together.  Nice plain colors, nude, black, white, maybe a blush or very soft pastel colors.  No lace, more like a t-shrt bra, lightly padded not adding a cup size, just enough for modesty and smoothing.  I do not know if there is a huge market for mature A cup size bras, but their should be.  It is just a suggestion, maybe worth looking into, I am not a small girl but not a large girl either for my age anyway.  I see your bras on QVC all the time, I like most all of them, they are not out of price range for the quality they seem to be.  I know you offer some of your styles in the A cup, but it is limitied.  I appreciate your time in reading my suggestion.

Thank you

Contributor

Re: Affordable & Practical A Cup Bras for mature women

I agree!! Breezies has made 36A size bras but stopped about 10 years ago.  They are impossible to find anywhere now especially the no frills more simple styles.  I have been wearing Fruit of the Loom cotton underwire size 36B bras ever since.  They are available on Walmart and Amazon.  Or, I should say, they were available before Covid hit. I bought a bunch 3 years ago because I feel they will be discontinued.  The 36B fits well since there is a bit of shrinkage with cotton fabric.  They do not go in my dryer and last a long time.  The price is/was reasonable too.  Breezies has is very disappointing to me. All they seem to care about is big sizes and molded stuff.  I also wear Rhonda Shear's Ahh bras from HSN.  They are step in for the most part but the wideback section is very good and overall comfortable. I thank you for your "support" !!

Trusted Contributor

That would be a very hard-to-find size.  Have you tried the website    barenecessities dot com?

I also need a hard-to-find size, and discovered this website.  I ordered several styles, tried them on, and luckily found one that worked for me.  

Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@sassypassy 

I just clicked on an ad for a company that makes bras for only sizes AA, A and B cups.  They advertise that they shape the cup differently for the smaller chest.  The brand is called "Pepper" so maybe the website was pepper dot com?  Might be worth taking a look-see.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

Have you ever looked at her room dot com?  They have many labels and sizes.  

QVC just does the most popular and best selling sizes, which leaves a lot of us out.

Honored Contributor

Preaching to the choir on this one. I also wear 36A and have noted this here about these big busted breezies girls never selling "A" cups. Even if they did I would not buy them. I don't like hook/eye closures on bras, haven't worn them for YEARS, ever since QVC sold genie bras. This is the only bra I wear. Have tons of colors too (either genie from many yrs gone by and coobies from herroom.com).

New Contributor

Hey thank you for your feedback hard to fit (same as me) gals!  I will be checking out some ot the websites you suggested & see what I can find!  Thanks a million ladies!

Frequent Contributor

Try looking for a 40A!  lol  I'm barrel chested, not big busted.  But I totally agree with PINKdogWOOD.  I have been wearing Genie Bras for years, and I have a lot put back, because a department store around here sold them also.  I did buy some Breezie Bras (A378013) that have lace above the cups so it looks like a lace undergarment.  It is a hook bra, but very comfortable.