New Contributor

Advanced Ordering....Insanity

It is getting a little out of control with all this "advance order" nonsense and no mention of it during a presentation.  What really drives me nuts is I expect the monies to be taken out at the time I purchase, I go look at my bank statement, nope not there.  As much as I buy on QVC, this creates havoc.  Why the heck cant you take out at purchase, if an issue arises and it cannot be fulfilled, refund then.  Between this is the outrageous shipping time and cost, I really question if its worth it anymore.  How is it most other retailers are not having the issues QVC is?  And dont get me started on the UPS Mail Innovations stuff.  As a long time QVC shopper, it saddens me to see what has become it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Advanced Ordering....Insanity

I feel the opposite.  I would never want my money taken out until shipment. In fact, I believe it's illegal to charge before shipment.  

Super Contributor

i would not want the monies taken out until the order has shipped.  Some of these advanced orders are well into October and I don't want to pay for them now.  However,  when the item is packaged - a warning e-mail or the item flagged in your account that  the item  is preparing to ship and the monies wil be deducted soon.  

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette Add me to that list!  I don't know whether it's a legal issue or just QVC policy, but whichever it is, I definitely don't want my money removed until the item ships.  And that's true whether it's now when there might be an issue or even when there's no problem.

Respected Contributor

The money has been taken out when the order ships. I sure hope that dosen't change. When they sell advance orders as is normal with all the early Christmas stuff. The hosts say it will be shipping & you pick the ship date you want. It is also noted on the screen what the ship dates are & you pick one & it is billed when it ships.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Liberty10  If you're a frequent Q shopper, you should have figured by now that they never charge you for your purchases until the item is SHIPPED.  If you're ordering decorative holiday items, I see item after item with "advanced order" and a ship date right on the screen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

@Kachina624, not always true.  Maybe I didnt state all this correctly.  I have ordered things that money was taken out, and said advanced ship.  Maybe if it is shipping in a certain time from (like a few days), didnt really pay attention to that.  

And I agree....they should advise you that the money is going to be coming out when they are shipped.  I can deal with that, I do not keep alot of money in my checking account, I pull money over out of savings when needed to avoid online hackers, etc.  

Not always do they state.....ADVANCED ORDER either, you find out after the fact....I have seen plenty of others on the forum state the same.

Honored Contributor

I have never been charged for an order until the order actually ships. There will be an "authorization" showing against my CC but that is not a charge.

QVC has always been clear that you are not charged until your order ships. And I wouldn't expect it to be any other way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Liberty10 wrote:

@Kachina624, not always true.  Maybe I didnt state all this correctly.  I have ordered things that money was taken out, and said advanced ship.  Maybe if it is shipping in a certain time from (like a few days), didnt really pay attention to that.  

And I agree....they should advise you that the money is going to be coming out when they are shipped.  I can deal with that, I do not keep alot of money in my checking account, I pull money over out of savings when needed to avoid online hackers, etc.  

Not always do they state.....ADVANCED ORDER either, you find out after the fact....I have seen plenty of others on the forum state the same.

@Liberty10   QVC has never charged you until your order is sent.  When you order they place an authorization on your credit card for the amount of your order.  Your bank determines how long the hold/authorization remains.  It will drop off after that time.  This is how it has always been and how it is with every company I shop with.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

New poster.  What a surprise.