Frequent Contributor

Re: Advance Orders and Credit Card Charges

@manny2 Thank you for your kindness and for understanding what I was saying. I appreciate both but I've made up my mind I will most likely not be posting again, discussion forums, of any kind, are just not for me.

For anyone in any doubt, I understand what an authorization charge is for, I was merely commenting on the way the hosts present these advance order items, what they say on air, as well as the fact that in the past when these orders were placed they did not take authorizations. That's all. Nothing personal was intended by it, about myself or anyone else, it was just an observation I obviously should not have made. Sorry. 

Contributor

I appreciated the heads up you gave in your post . Something I was not aware was being done.  Please don't let snarky comments deter you from participating in a  mostly friendly and judgement free forum

Esteemed Contributor

@brandy77 wrote:

@manny2 Thank you for your kindness and for understanding what I was saying. I appreciate both but I've made up my mind I will most likely not be posting again, discussion forums, of any kind, are just not for me.

For anyone in any doubt, I understand what an authorization charge is for, I was merely commenting on the way the hosts present these advance order items, what they say on air, as well as the fact that in the past when these orders were placed they did not take authorizations. That's all. Nothing personal was intended by it, about myself or anyone else, it was just an observation I obviously should not have made. Sorry. 

I hope you change your mind. I post what I think, and move on. I don't go back and argue with anybody. We are all entitled to our opinions, observations and thoughts. 

Honored Contributor

@brandy77 wrote:

You know, I really should think more before I post on these forums,not just here I mean any type of discussion forum, and I promise I will from now on, it seems like someone always misunderstands and I end up feeling like I've said or done the wrong thing, and I hate that feeling so much. I envy those who are able to make friends and have a nice conversation in places like this. I did not mean anything personal about myself by posting this and I'm sorry if I gave that impression. My credit card is fine and barring any serious misfortunes will be fine later too.  I was merely commenting on the fact that the hosts keep saying "your credit card will be not be charged until the item ships" when they're selling advance order items and that is not technically true. Even if it's a temporary charge it is still a charge. And under certain circumstances that can sometimes be inconvenient. As I said, I have advance ordered lots of holiday items at QVC not due for release until November or December for years and they never took an authorization before, not even $1, but lately that's changed. That's all I was trying to say. I was commenting on a change of policy I have recently observed. And yes, I agree, most places do take a small authorization to make sure the card is good at the time of purchase, that happened when I signed up for a free trial at Nefflix so I could watch Season 4 of Lucifer, and I was fine with it, I just meant that this is something new I've noticed recently at QVC. Sorry I should not have posted at all. I will try not to in the future.

I read your original post and didn't get any negative impression about you or your credit.  Don't let a stranger's response bother you.   

I know it's sometimes easier said than done but you have to ignore the snarky responses.  Heck, I have received nasty responses when suggesting people ignore snark.  There are always some who seem to think they're above the fray when they're really the instigators.  

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

bkpbooks I feel the same way so I just cross my fingers and hope that someone else is brave enough to ask my question, like you were. I’m sorry this happened to you.