Honored Contributor

Amy did not start the front tuck per se.  It started long before Amy, with the celebrities in Hollywood.  That's where a lot of the hosts get their fashion influence (just like the huge center stone rings a lot of them are loving).  Amy may have brought it to QVC, but that front tuck and quarter tuck has been done for a long time, by both men & women.  You can find it every day on social media.

I think it's very attractive when done correctly.  The worst example on QVC is Pat James Dementri.  A lovely woman, but she insists on front or side tucking liquid knit, or other tops that just should not be done.  I have yet to see her do it well.

Honored Contributor

Since I'm the one who's always complaining about not being able to view the waist bands/tummy area of pants, I'm happy that I can at least see half of that area.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Abolish the front tuck

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Amy did not start the front tuck per se.  It started long before Amy, with the celebrities in Hollywood.  That's where a lot of the hosts get their fashion influence (just like the huge center stone rings a lot of them are loving).  Amy may have brought it to QVC, but that front tuck and quarter tuck has been done for a long time, by both men & women.  You can find it every day on social media.

I think it's very attractive when done correctly.  The worst example on QVC is Pat James Dementri.  A lovely woman, but she insists on front or side tucking liquid knit, or other tops that just should not be done.  I have yet to see her do it well.

----------------

I agree!  Pat, whom I like,  is always mentioning that her  middle is her problem area. But the front tuck just calls attention to it!!  

Another good example is Terr Conni, whom I also like.  But this morning Fri, she has the shirt front tucked and it made her look so wide across her high hip!!

Valued Contributor

This is a fad....all fads leave...its time for this one to GO!!!

Trusted Contributor

Only on QVC! I never see anyone else doing it!