Valued Contributor

ATTENTION: Susan Graver/Buyer

If Susan Graver wants to call herself "the pants destination" because she started in the pants industry and knows exactly how to fit a pant on any size woman, then PLEASE make them in tall lengths.  Leggings in 28"-29" lengths don't cut it on anyone over 5'6" in most cases.

Contributor

Re: ATTENTION: Susan Graver/Buyer

My issue with the G raver line is the fact that 99% of it is $ 45.00 and higher for everything. She's constantly saying how she doesn't have to sell clothes anymore so if that is the case why do her prices keep rising? We're not talking linen, cashmere or silk here folks, a rose by any other name is still polyester! Nice styles but , redicously priced!

I actually complained though I know it will go unheeded as long as she continues to make money for herself and QVC.

Honored Contributor

As long as SG sells at the prices we see, there's not a whole lot of reason for those prices to change or even go up.

And it doesn't matter that lots of it is polyester -  there are levels of quality in poly just as there are in silk or cotton or....

Doesn't even matter that some is made here in the USA and some isn't.  After all, almost no one comes here and complains about Linea prices and nearly all of it is made out of the country.

We ll have to buy what we can comfortably afford, both financially and emotionally.  Apparently there's a huge number of shoppers quite comfortable with Susan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Truer words never spoken both both of you.  SG is pricing herself right out of the market here at the Q.  I've stopped buying her stuff a couple of years ago.  Can't afford shelling out $45+ for anything she has when I can go to my local B&M, try stuff on for the right fit, no s/h charges attached especially when it doesn't fit.

And that liquid knit poly is EVERYWHERE too for 1/3 of the cost here.  In fact I can buy better fabrics for 1/3 of her Q costs.

And I do - buy for less, better fabrics, they fit properly all just 10 minutes from my home.

PS - I'm only 5'4" and I'm a good 30-31" inseam. So SG pants at 28-29" would be ankle pants on me.  That's okay - IF I want ankle pants!

Trusted Contributor

I'm just not a polyester buyer; it doesn't let your skin breathe, which is awful and combined with spandex, yikes!!

Very few of Susan Graver designs make me excited in anyway.  I have to be super thrilled with it before I'm going to try it and it has to have at least 4 stars before I purchase.

That goes for any product from QVC.  I've been burned too many times in the last 23 years.

Contributor

I dont think Susan comes up with the prices.  I believe QVC makes that choice. I fully agree and it is not just Susan G line. the prices are getting out of my budget and i love some of the lines but I just have to start saying NO. The thing is that gets me the most is we are paying (no one makes us buy them) designer prices and we are not getting quality stuff. 

I have sent so much stuff back because of defects ( one even had a red arrow pointing to the defect) that should not be happening.  

I think QVC has it made and they have the great return policy but i want what i am paying for. 

Some things i cant believe when i open the package how differnt it is with the feel of material and quality of material. Some look worst than a Wal mart item but with a designer label on it with a designer price tag.

One thing about SG her stuff does last.  I have some items i have paid almost 70.00 and in 3 months it needs to go to Good will or Trash. Pills and out of shape etc.  

The main reason i do purchase SG. I have more of other brands and a bit of SG and hers will last for ever.

Valued Contributor

I have tried a lot of pants from the Q in general, including SG.  I am 5'8" and need at least a 33 inseam.  Unfortunately, on the few items they do offer in tall, it is either not long enough even as a tall OR if they make the inseam long enough, then the waist comes up to my arm pits.  I have given up. 

They have (mostly) tall models  and they always look silly wearing pants that don't even hit their ankle.  if they can't even fit people who have the perfect type of body so that they model clothing for a living, there isn't much hope for it fitting me...

Respected Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

If Susan Graver wants to call herself "the pants destination" because she started in the pants industry and knows exactly how to fit a pant on any size woman, then PLEASE make them in tall lengths.  Leggings in 28"-29" lengths don't cut it on anyone over 5'6" in most cases.

I couldn't agree with you more!  She always claims, as you say, to be the pants destination and that she knows how the fit is critical, but I think that only applies to people that are 5'4" like she is.  It's not right to offer pants in petite and regular and then just tell the tall ladies that we can just wear them as capris. I would like to see full length pants with at least a 34" inseam.  If they can do petites a few inches shorter than regular, then why can't they do talls a few inches longer than regular?  People have commented about this on her Facebook page, but she never responds.

Honored Contributor

I have at various times over the years tried pairs of Susan's pants and have always gotten a poor fit.  I have dozens of well-fitting pants from Denim & Co. and other Q vendors but I won't even try hers anymore.  She is not the pants queen as she claims.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

Has she finally switched to calling them pants?  For years she kept calling them trousers which for some reason just grated on my nerves.