Respected Contributor

Re: A serious suggestion for QVC

@KathyPet   I agree.  People complain about everything.  People watching QVC live,

people who post on these forums, etc....   If the hosts did read from a prompter, the watchers would complain about that.   There is probably no way to get away from it.

There are always people looking to complain about whatever they can find.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Out of all who purchase here, those that post here are a very small miniority and out of all who post here there are many complainers who proclaim they rarely or never purchase here anymore!  Then out of all the posters, those with complaints are only a very very small minority and usually the same ones who probably haven't posted many things except negative complaints and often they are bizarre things.  Many with complaints seem to want entertained with products they like and the hosts they like and the scripted format would undoubtedly bring more complaints.  Also, most complaints are met with even more posters who don't agree so why would any business cater to those that could never be happy with anything anyway!!  The bottom line is sales and not making every complainer happy by changing to suit them!!!

Respected Contributor

Personally they should just get rid of the chronic complainers on this board.   That would solve more problems than anything else.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

The success of shopping channels is not just on the products but also on the personalities of the hosts.  Scripting takes away from that.  The people who complain ad nauseum need to find something else to do and turn off the television.   Every day we have posters who complain about SG or about one of the hosts.  I guarantee that the complaining posters could never do the job that these people do. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

The boards represent a very small percentage of customers.  You may lose more by changing things for a small group.

Trusted Contributor

There are many many positive posts on here, they far out number the complaints. We just remember the complaints. A lot of lonely people use this format to socialize. 

We don't and can't live in a sunshine and roses world, I think a bit of venting is healthy. In general some people are overly sensitive, easily offended but to silence others is not the answer.

Honored Contributor

Because it doesn't matter how much something is vetted, approved, deemed "perfect" by how many others, there will be people who will continue to complain that it annoyed or "offended" them, and since they are Queen of the World, they should be catered to.

Just as there are always people here who insist that black is really white, up is really down, right is left, and we'd all better pay attention.

Foot-stomping toddlers.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

We all make choices everyday, what we choose to eat, wear, associate with etc, why should watching/purchasing from the Q be any different? If the "host" has a personality I don't care for I don't watch but may check out the products on line.  Other watchers may enjoy presenters I don't, that's their choice and who am I or anyone to criticize their choices.  

If I don't like the product offerings, I don't watch simple as that, I don't come on here to complain as someone else is interested.  Enough of the host bashing, if you don't like the host, don't watch.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was just thinking that if there was a scripted, vetted sales presentation the information would be presented consistently by all the hosts.  ONe host would not wax eloquent on where you could wear the clothing item being presented while another host might spend a lot of time on the colors.    IF it was a beauty item claims as to the results achieved would have to be proven results instead of pie in the sky.  ANd, most importantly the cult of the show host would be eliminated.  WE all know that there are certain hosts some viewers will not watch because they find them intolerable.  That is lost sales for QVC because of the host chosen to present that show.  IF the extraneous chatter, giggling and personal information shared by the host was eliminated the host personality quirks would no longer be important and the focus would be on the product instead of the presenter.

Respected Contributor

I think the OP has a suggestion and she posted it in the right place.  I can see what she means.

I TOTALLY disagree with those who dismiss comments on this board as just being a few people.  There have actually been studies that determined how many other people just ONE complaint represents.  So, QVC would be SMART to look at what people say on this board.  You can bet any issue posted would be agreed upon by MANY other viewers. 

I can't help but believe it is part of the reason a forum is even here.

Hyacinth