Esteemed Contributor

A serious suggestion for QVC

EVery day it seems posters complain about something the host said.  THey are "angry, annoyed, upset, offended, insulted" or some variation thereof.  THere are also complaints about the hosts using the same annoying (to some) catch phrases.  THere is always something for someone to complain about so my suggestion is that QVC prepare a stock sales presentation for every item they sell. The wording could be vetted by the attorneys to make sure no promises are made that cannot be delivered.  THe presentation could then be loaded onto a TelePrompter that the hosts would then read from when selling a product.  THe only allowance made to veer from the approved script would be to give the current inventory in sizes and colors.  QVC is really just one big infomercial anyway so why not standardize the presentations so the vital information could be conveyed in the same,way by all the hosts and thus eliminate the possibility of having any customer be upset by something a host said.

Respected Contributor

Re: A serious suggestion for QVC

My guess is the people that complain will still find something to complain about. I would have to stop watching if Q went to this format.  I, for one, like the personalities of the parties selling the products.  The hosts or vendors that tend to bother me, I change the channel and pop back over later. 

I just figure that not everyone is enjoyable for everyone.  I don't complain, just step away and let the people that like that host or vendor enjoy

Deb

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

EVery day it seems posters complain about something the host said.  THey are "angry, annoyed, upset, offended, insulted" or some variation thereof.  THere are also complaints about the hosts using the same annoying (to some) catch phrases.  THere is always something for someone to complain about so my suggestion is that QVC prepare a stock sales presentation for every item they sell. The wording could be vetted by the attorneys to make sure no promises are made that cannot be delivered.  THe presentation could then be loaded onto a TelePrompter that the hosts would then read from when selling a product.  THe only allowance made to veer from the approved script would be to give the current inventory in sizes and colors.  QVC is really just one big infomercial anyway so why not standardize the presentations so the vital information could be conveyed in the same,way by all the hosts and thus eliminate the possibility of having any customer be upset by something a host said.

@KathyPet  This will never happen.  People are different; what one finds unobjectionable another person would object to.  It makes no difference whether lawyers look at the wording or not.  Someone will always find fault with it.  I'm having trouble even thinking of this as a serious suggestion.   Also, even if it did work - which it never would - it would be too "rote", not spontaneous, in other words, even more boring that it already is.

Frequent Contributor

You can't be serious?  This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard! 

Esteemed Contributor

WHy is it so absurd?   it is exactly what infomercials already do.

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't ever watch then.It would be so boring and I have never been able to watch an infomercial because it is scripted and reads phony to me.

Valued Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

Someone would complain about it...and besides, QVC is getting higher search engine ranking by people posting to this forum, so complaints are win/win

Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

stock sales presentation, what does that even mean ??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@roxxy1 wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

stock sales presentation, what does that even mean ??

@roxxy1  Scripted.  All the hosts say  the exact same thing about the product.  She explains it in her first post.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee  Thank you !  Smiley Happy