Super Contributor

Hi Louis retired last year after the passing of his wife. There has been an associate of his doing all the presentations via Skype. I am under the impression that he has still been designing and there have been new clothes presented. You might want to call the Q and confirm his retirement. I like Louis too. 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@lrmuffin ,  you are looking at this emotionally, and QVC is not.  

It is all about BUSINESS. No emotions are involved. 

Honored Contributor

Re: A letter to QVC

[ Edited ]

I saw his clothes selling on amazon. I dont buy them but saw them there. Also available on a site called chel's closet.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

Louis, when his wife passed stopped going to QVC, but he still introduced new lovely clothing each season.  He hired Jennifer Reid to represent him on air. She did a wonderful job presenting his Linea clothing line.  Louis has a very active BLOG where you could ask him questions regarding his fashions.  I asked him a question today.  He answered me quickly.  

Louis Dell Olio is a Coty Award Winner(Oscar of fashion world). I think he has won more than once.  He is QVC's best designer and his Linea line is a cut above the rest of the clothing on QVC.  I suspect during the pandemic no clothing, but loungewear is selling.

But now we will all be inoculated and have to go back to our offices in the next few months.  This is when I will need my Louis Dell Olio clothing.  

I think QVC made a huge mistake parting ways with Louis Dell Olio and his Linea line of merchandise.  If Jason Wu is supposed to fill the gap, they have made a mistake, his stuff did not tempt me at all.

Trusted Contributor

Sad, but QVC does not care what their customers think or want.  They just want money, money,  only.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Sad, but QVC does not care what their customers think or want.  They just want money, money,  only.  

That's true of all  businesses.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lrmuffin wrote:

I have been a loyal QVC customer for at least 20 years. I have endured the slow shipping, the high shipping costs, and higher prices generally compared to the internet. I believed QVC  when the hosts said they care about the QVC customer.  There is a fashion line I love, Linea, by Louis Dell'olio.  

I have recently discovered you are ending your business relationship with Mr. Dell'Olio.  I am deeply upset about your decision.  I have spent a great deal of money on this line. Please review my order history.  And by following Linea, I have bought many other things. Linea was my pull to QVC and I have been a loyal customer. The abrupt discontinuation is an insult to a loyal group of your customers.

When the Linea stock is gone, I will take my money and shop elsewhere.  The Linea clientele may not be the highest group, but we are loyal and buy a lot of product.  I hope you reconsider your decision. 

And if that decision is final, I ask for one thing. Please stop having the hosts present QVC as a family that cares about its customers.  It only cares about the customers they deem to be important.  Not me. 

Good for you, for voicing your dissatisfaction. 

Personally, I think it's bad form for QVC to be getting rid of ANYTHING (or anyONE) in this season. I understand it's a business decision and that most companies are struggling, financially, however, this is clearly not the best time to be gauging the sales performance of a certain vendor, given the vendors can't even physically BE in the studio and what we DO see of them is via shoddy technology with chaotic, confusing presentations, at best. 

Some of the best advice ever given to me is to not make life-changing decisions in haste, during a crisis. I see QVC making too many fast-moves during this pandemic, when it would seem wiser to wait it out. Alas, it isn't our call to make.

I really love Louis and own some of his designs. Hopefully, he will find another means to sell his beautiful garments to his faithful customers.

Super Contributor

i've been with the Q since the beginning. seen lots of vendors come and go. i too love Louis Dell Olio  and Linea. i'm sorry to see him leave. i've only recently begun to buy from his QVC clothing line. i have also found bargains from his line on ebay, chels. perhaps he'll start selling directly to the public in his own boutique. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a shame that QVC decided to end the Linea line.  You did the same thing to George Simonton.  Why do you think women want to buy Muk Lucks, Barefoot Dreams, or any of your cheap house brands?  You have become a forgettable department store that sells  junk.    What a dumb move of letting go a dear, sweet, talented designer who really knew fashion.

P. S.   QVC never deserved a talented man like Louis anyway.

Frequent Contributor

I was sorry to see this. I read it on his blog.