Honored Contributor

@lrmuffin.  Please understand that first and foremost QVC owes its loyalty to its stockholders.  If a line is not profitable and time for presentations is scarce, it's necessary to make hard business decisions.  We also have no idea what sort of undercurrents and back stories are behind these decisions.  Other vendors have also recently disappeared and others may follow.  Thats the business world.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@walkingal Honestly I never found QVC to be "family."

Respected Contributor

Have you ever thought maybe it was Louis' idea to leave?  I don't have a clue but it is a possibility as his life has taken quite a turn with losing his wife?

Honored Contributor

Re: A letter to QVC

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

Have you ever thought maybe it was Louis' idea to leave?  I don't have a clue but it is a possibility as his life has taken quite a turn with losing his wife?

@Catch71  he has stated on his blog that it was QVC"s decision, not his.Many of us have read his blog.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ 

Okay; I didn't know that.  I really don't follow any of the vendors or hosts on blogs or facebook. It was just a thought. 

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Okay; I didn't know that.  I really don't follow any of the vendors or hosts on blogs or facebook.  

@Catch71  Yes, I realize that. It's just been posted over and over on these boards today. I know some posters are just coming on at this time and haven't read any of the posts about this.

Super Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I have a question.....when a store (of any kind) stops selling a product you buy do you never go into the store again? When a cosmetics company stops selling the color lipstick you love do you never buy that brand again? This happens all the time. I am not defending QVC but they are in business to make money. If for some reason or other they find a brand to not be profitable it will be dropped. These hosts are not your friends they are sales people who are there for one reason to sell, nothing else. I am sure if you look around there are other lines of clothing that meet your standards. QVC is not the only game in town.

They're not even the best game in town.

Super Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

At one time QVC may have seemed like a family.  But no more.  It's just another company.

It's all BS designed to lure you in and make you feel like you're a part of their enterprise while they're sucking the eyeballs out of your head.
Trusted Contributor

@Jewel22 , to answer your question:  if I only bought 1 thing from the store that I really needed, why would I go back to that store?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a very vague recollection of discussions not too many years ago about this line being dropped but Q capitulated due to customer pleas.  Is my memory faulty or am I thinking about another vendor?

If I am correct it would seem to me that his fan base may be larger than his customer base with his customer base not being large enough to support carrying the line.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.