Trusted Contributor

Re: A general comment to some posters here!

[ Edited ]

@ajw wrote:

I don't understand why some people who participate in the forums need to respond with such 'barbed' comments.  We all think differently, have differing opinions on day-to-day events, people etc etc.  But some posters seem to have a need to jump all over another person's post, just because they disagree!  Heaven forbid!  Why not just respond, but in a polite, or joking way, not in the sometimes spiteful way I've seen occasionally.  Just asking!  There's enough hatred in the world, without making the forums hateful too!!  For example, I like Logo, lots of people don't, I can't stand some hosts, I watch QVC on an 'as-needed' basis!  Sometimes I just need to 'veg-out', but I certainly don't need to hear any spiteful comments about my preferences.  

Please ladies, lets be more courteous to each other.  This interaction may be the only one they have every day, if they live alone maybe, or can't get out of the house.

@AJW

Thank you for posting this.  So often my posts or threads have been subjected to many very hurtful comments.  Stating, for example, that I am either a stalker or have psychological problems.  Thankfully, the moderators have graciously removed most of these posts.  But these comments have been noticed by me and felt and hurt me deeply. 

My motto in posting has always been to be kind and generous in my posts and I have really appreciated the fellow forum members that I have felt held a similar standard.  

Just today I was thinking of leaving the boards forever and this thread is making me reconsider.... 

Thank you! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston now that you have been on the boards for awhile and have both started posts and responded to others, you have probably come to understand the hot buttons and what to expect. Your participation is as valid as mine and any other poster. I trust that the moderators will do their job, and i try to go high when anyone goes low, as so eloquently stated. No one would be here if we all bolted after getting criticized for our point of view. I enjoy your posts, even if we disagree on some topics, because this is a forum for learning about products and learning from discussions that illuminate different viewpoints. My goal is to keep posting but also be realistic that discussions can get heated. I hope to continue reading your viewpoints.

Respected Contributor

I have been viviously attacked, belittled and accused of everything imaginable and I am still here. No one should ever let anyone run them off for voicing opinions. In fact I think there are some that will let a thread die rather than respond to anything I repsond to. I could care less. I take a licking and keep on ticking as others should do. Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider Haha love ya.I will respond if I see your posts..you can count on it.

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@JasoninBoston now that you have been on the boards for awhile and have both started posts and responded to others, you have probably come to understand the hot buttons and what to expect. Your participation is as valid as mine and any other poster. I trust that the moderators will do their job, and i try to go high when anyone goes low, as so eloquently stated. No one would be here if we all bolted after getting criticized for our point of view. I enjoy your posts, even if we disagree on some topics, because this is a forum for learning about products and learning from discussions that illuminate different viewpoints. My goal is to keep posting but also be realistic that discussions can get heated. I hope to continue reading your viewpoints.

@SunValley

Thank you!! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@happygolfcartrider Haha love ya.I will respond if I see your posts..you can count on it.

@dex Love ya back! Thanks! Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

I hate to admit it but I feel some people are just cruel 🙁

Esteemed Contributor

I wish something could be done about those who flit all over the community making baiting comments then start saying they've been bullied--complaining about the so-called "mean" and "cruel" posters who simply responded or disagreed. That attention-seeking victim mentality does nothing for the overall aesthetics of the board, especially when those people were never bullied in the first place.

Respected Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I hate to admit it but I feel some people are just cruel 🙁

There are posters who enjoy poking at other people. Ignoring them works for me. I do have to sit on my hands at times, but it's better than fighting with an anonymous poster who is just waiting for you to react to them. Once they know their comments get the desired reaction, it feeds the need, so to speak.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is blocked for commenting...