Respected Contributor

Re: A general comment to some posters here!

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

@AJW I'm guessing you know the answer to your question/request my now (if you have read some of the following responses).  It's a nice thought, but there are those who will dig into your past history and hit you in the face with one of your remarks. 

Just like there are people who have no problem starting critical threads whenever they feel like it, or making critical comments about other posters or QVC hosts, but come unglued when someone criticizes their pet person or thing (not speaking of the OP here) as if their pet is above being able to be negatively commented about. It's called hypocrisy.

I guess there are people like that.  All kinds. 

Honored Contributor

Image result for be nice word images

Super Contributor

These forums definitely need a block function. It would solve a lot of problems

Esteemed Contributor

My one comment is : basically this is a shopping board, provided by QVC.  There are so many other places to post WHATEVER and honestly THIS AIN'T IT.  

I try very hard to use the forums to get information about products.  I do not watch live QVC anymore.  I don't even know who the hosts and vendors are (the new ones) and I don't care about their personal lives or what they do wrong or right on a daily basis.  

The board has helped me make good decisions.  And because stores no longer provide product help I can find good answers here OR if I chose I can tune in to find information on the more expensive products as in electronics when I need to make a replacement.

I find people here nice and helpful and willing to be kind.  Great bunch of people. And yes there are those who have to create issues, but I can join in or ignore them. Because of my profession, now retired, I do see them as needing attention and this might be the only way to get it.  I feel some pity since I have lots of people on the outside of this forum to call or visit or whatever if I wish to express my opinions and or share my passion which is DANCE. So I don't share their need.  Thank goodness!

Valued Contributor

OP ..... I peruse these Boards and occasionally disengaged for weeks because of the constant negativity to other posters.   I come here to find out about products, and current events, etc.

And it was no surprise to me that shortly after you started this thread, the one with a crab moniker already begun the trend of combative comments.  I have to ask this person....why reply at all?

Honored Contributor

I can usually deal with snark.  What bugs me is that a lot of people think someone is mean or picking on them when another person has a different view/opinion.   

Honored Contributor

@mercyMe wrote:

OP ..... I peruse these Boards and occasionally disengaged for weeks because of the constant negativity to other posters.   I come here to find out about products, and current events, etc.

And it was no surprise to me that shortly after you started this thread, the one with a crab moniker already begun the trend of combative comments.  I have to ask this person....why reply at all?

I would suggest that the OP, in other threads, has been plenty "combative." I merely pointed that out because I dislike hypocrisy.

Another poster took a pot-shot at me, just as you have. I replied giving an example oh her "do as I say, not as I do" posting as well.

I see no reason to adhere to the unwritten rule some people have of being All Sweetness and Light, All the Time.  This IS a "discussion" forum. Discussion is not one-sided or was ever meant to be.

The whole idea of not ever being motivated to comment "negatively" (which is always in the eye of the beholder of course) is ridiculous. People have opinions. People give them. Other people need to learn to deal with that, or they never do well on discussion forums. They spend a lot of time scolding and flouncing and not much else. 

Meanwhile, life goes on.

You have a perfectly LOVELY day now, hear?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I can usually deal with snark.  What bugs me is that a lot of people think someone is mean or picking on them when another person has a different view/opinion.   

Bingo.

"If ya ain't clearly FOR me then you MUST be agin me!"

Super Contributor

Actually Moonchilde, I was not referring to comments just directed at my posts, but from some posters to others generally.  You think I'm 'snippy', why not say so but in a polite way.  You just proved my comment by responding the way that you did!!  My original comments were my impressions, not a comment to someone else.  So please, calm down, take a breath, and try thinking positive!

Honored Contributor

Why assume I'm not calm? Giving an opinion others disagree with does not necessarily make one excited, stressed, etc. it's just giving an opinion. 

"Think positive"?

Why, if I feel negatively about something or have an opposite POV? Not everything that is "not positive" (guess I should reiterate that "positive/negative is ALWAYS in the eye of the beholder) is "negative." 

A discussion forum typically consists of many different personalities and beliefs. That is the purpose of such forums. They're not about homogeneity, forced or otherwise. The purpose of a forum is not the same for everyone. It's not about one general homogenous "politeness."

Your personal definition of "polite", "negative", "positive". "hateful" and many other feelings and motivations are your own, and no more. Others ARE going to disagree with you on these forums, sometimes in a way you find abrasive. You aren't going to change anyone, so - 

It's your choice as to how you will react/respond. You can nanny and scold, you can ignore, you can give a frank opinion, and/or you can respond. But if you choose to respond, it's disingenuous to expect your personal definition of "polite" at all times.