Esteemed Contributor

Re: A box that tells contents at Christmas - really?

@okwriter

I went up to my brothers house last weekend, and on the Dining room table was a box. It was the container for the Vitamix. My brother has had one for years and uses it every day. My SIL decided to replace the container, which she told me cost $100.00. We talk frequently so I knew that this was a gift for my brother. I said to her. i thought this was a surprise. She responded I thought so as well. I can't remember who she ordered from but the container was delivered in the Vitamix box with just a shipping label on it. She was pretty annoyed. They had not even bothered to place it into another box. My brother happened to beat my SIL home from work on that day and saw it as soon as he arrived home sitting on the front porch.

My Point being is that at this time of year, you would think that companies would be a little more sensitive.

Esteemed Contributor

I just heard on the news that FEDEX is having a RECORD shipping year. I am sure the other shippers are too...

With all this merchandise being ordered online and expected to be shipped in time for Christmas.....I don't expect companies to take an extra step to take my purchase and rebox it.

I am just happy my stuff made it to me....in good condition..... and someone was able to be home for delivery so it wasn't stolen...

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I just heard on the news that FEDEX is having a RECORD shipping year. I am sure the other shippers are too...

With all this merchandise being ordered online and expected to be shipped in time for Christmas.....I don't expect companies to take an extra step to take my purchase and rebox it.

I am just happy my stuff made it to me....in good condition..... and someone was able to be home for delivery so it wasn't stolen...

@Nataliesgramma That’s how I feel as well.

I made an impulse Cuddl Duds purchase for myself on Sunday. It has supposedly “shipped” (but we know what that means...). It would be nice if it arrived by Saturday as I could wear it on Xmas Eve, but if it doesn’t arrive, I wasn’t honestly expecting it to, considering QVC’s track record in  general. OTOH, most of the late ship, non-ship, etc is the fault of the vendor, not QVC. People just don’t seem to realize that. And there are always those who have to put a blame on someone else when it’s just Life. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow!  Good to know!  If amazon fulfills an order, the box says "amazon".  I order quite often and only occasionaly will a mfg. name give a hint.  Like "Lodge" (cast iron").