Esteemed Contributor

Re: 20 different choices of pajamas but NOT one Nightgown!?

Go to VERMONT CTY STORE for selection and QUALITY.

Forget the Q.................problem solved

Regular Contributor

Etoile308 I also love the Lands End Supima cotton nightgowns.  I have 2 short sleeve and a long sleeve.  I luckily was able to get all 3 on half price special.  They wash beautifully and sleep so comfortably.  Super soft!

Honored Contributor

I have one nightgown .... a Swiss company ... Calida.  I think I got it on Garnet  Hill.  It was $75 many years ago, very good quality.  I never wear it anymore.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Etoile308 wrote:

I have became like the Princess and the Pea when it comes to nightgowns. The smallest things irritate or scratch me anymore. I can no longer stand any lace, no matter how soft,  around my neck. I can no longer stand having a seam across by back shoulder to shoulder when I sleep. All I want is a plain smooth shift cut.

My go to for nightgowns are the Supima cotton gowns from Land's End. They have long sleeve, short sleeve, sleeveless in mid calf or knee length. They come in tall, regular, and petite with sizes from XS to 3X. They wash with no extra care and last forever.

@Etoile308 

A little off topic, but when you said Princess and the Pea, I had to smile....do you remember Carol Burnett doing the Princess and the Pea??  It was hysterical!!!

Once Upon a Mattress  maybe?

PS...I am that way with bras....the slightest thread, speck, irritant or dog hair...I FEEL and it drives me nuts!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Flannel nightgowns are very warm. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

PJs are much warmer than nightgowns, so they sell more during the winter months.  I would never wear a nightgown in a cooler climate ... not warm enough. 

Spoiler

@Tinkrbl44   I depend on blankets and 2 dogs for warmth.

@Kachina624 

@Tinkrbl44 

I depend on a down comforter and a dog.  Love a cold bedroom too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only wear nightgowns in the summer, pj's, joggers, in the fall,and winter. By the way ,only cotton nightgowns ,never nylon,yuck!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

They are not inexpensive , but the nightgowns in the Vermont Country Store are great. I wear nightgowns in the summer and you can't wear them out. They are really good quality.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I don't like nightgowns.  However while I wear cozy pj pants to watch TV at night I find myself getting too hot to wear them in bed.  So I will switch to summer capris. 

I just don't like the feeling of my thighs sticking together that's why I prefer pants of some kind.

Honored Contributor

I can't stand pants in bed,  they cling to the sheets and drive me nuts.  I wear Eileen West sleeveless gowns most of the year, occasionally an all cotton with sleeves incold cold weather, but like others, we have cover on the beds.

And I like to be a little cold summer and winter.