Esteemed Contributor

Re: $19.47 is Too Much $$$$$ to Ship a Handbag!

Would people pay nearly $20 shipping fee to get Easy pay? 

I have a bag with type of leather.  I was not happy with the quality.

Honored Contributor

They must be trying to make up for any markdown on the ODO pricing. I agree, it is way to expensive. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@barb40What have they been charging to ship that bag?

I thought it was about $11-12 to ship a bag. Still a ridiculous price when you can get shipping for free at many places. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The same Dooney handbags can probably be purchased from the Dooney or I Love Dooney or other on-line vendor Websites for the same or lower amount with no shipping charge.  The Q's shipping & handling fees for handbags are outrageous.  

Respected Contributor

I guess some customers are willing to pay 💰.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I guess some customers are willing to pay 💰.

@IMW : I think they're testing the waters to see how high they can go!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Valued Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

A Dooney handbag (A365628– Saffiano Leather Crescent Tote) is being featured at a one day only price of $253.68. What caught my attention is the price for shipping and handling: $19.47.

Your S&H charges were always uncompetetively high on certain handbags, but this takes it to a whole new level. This is a good way to alienate your customers, IMO. S&H for Dooney bags is free from many sources.

A potential buyer would have to think twice before spending this much— plus tax where l live— to ship a bag. Plus, if the purchase doesn’t work out, it’s another $6.95 lost on top of that! So, doing the math, it’s possible to lose up to $26.42 if the bag doesn’t meet expectations. Too rich for my blood!

@handygal2 The website currently says $12.47, did they reduce it since it aired?  It's still too much, for a handbag???  That's just crazy.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

A Dooney handbag (A365628– Saffiano Leather Crescent Tote) is being featured at a one day only price of $253.68. What caught my attention is the price for shipping and handling: $19.47.

Your S&H charges were always uncompetetively high on certain handbags, but this takes it to a whole new level. This is a good way to alienate your customers, IMO. S&H for Dooney bags is free from many sources.

A potential buyer would have to think twice before spending this much— plus tax where l live— to ship a bag. Plus, if the purchase doesn’t work out, it’s another $6.95 lost on top of that! So, doing the math, it’s possible to lose up to $26.42 if the bag doesn’t meet expectations. Too rich for my blood!

@handygal2 The website currently says $12.47, did they reduce it since it aired?  It's still too much, for a handbag???  That's just crazy.

@Snowhite714 : I noticed that too. I don’t know whether they reduced the charge b/c it was a mistake, or an experiment to see how much they could get away with. Perhaps they were getting a lot of complaints. But it took them 2 days to reduce it, and l agree that $12.47 is still too much!!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

It must have been a typo. D&B shipping is usually between $11.00 - $12.00.

Trusted Contributor

This just seeme greedy to me.