Valued Contributor

Re: $10 Coupon from HSN. Why Nothing From QVC??

some companies like to offer "existing" customers a discount and other companies don't care as much about retaining exisitng customers.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC doesn't do it often but I am sitting here with a postcard for $10 off my next purchase.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

From what I can see they aren't thank yous for being good customers.  They're sent to those who haven't purchased much during the past year.  An enticement to buy something.  If happy with the product and transaction, possibly they will buy other things.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I mostly buy from HSN and have gotten 4 coupons recently,

I hardly buy from Qvc and recieved no postcard $ off

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In November, I was sent a $10.00 off coupon from QVC.  It came on a postcard and was addressed to me.  I tried the use the coupon 3 times and every single time I got a message saying the coupon code was invalid.  LOL  I tossed it in the trash.  

I also rec'd a $10.00 off coupon from HSN in November and it worked!  I rec'd another $10.00 off coupon from HSN last week and used it yesterday and it worked! LOL 

While HSN and QVC each maintain their own brand identity, they were merged in 2018 and now operate under QXH.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

The two do things very differently and I too fear HSN will go the way of QVC and start charging an arm and a leg for returns, and things like that.  HSN has better policies that are more customer friendly IMO.  I shop both of course, but I know my HSN returns will not only be free but I'll get $5 KASH rewards to spend later.  Q would never do that!  They make so much money on returns.  I doubt we'll ever see a coupon from them. Even the statement credit they offer for opening a Q card is pathetic.

@GrouchomarxHSN charges a minimum of $7.95 for a return while Q charges $6.95.  Only those who have and use their HSN charge for the purchase get the $5.00 spendable cash credit on a return. 

I strongly suspect HSN is going to quit refunding the original s/h on a return. They are the only company I know of that still does that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here’s a follow-up:

Today l received the sweater that l had ordered from HSN, using the $10 coupon they had sent me. Enclosed in the package were 2 MORE coupons:

One is for $10 off a single purchase of $10 or more during the month of January.

The other is for $5 off EVERY purchase of $20 or more from January 1 through February 14.

This was a pleasant surprise, and will likely result in my purchasing more items from HSN. I feel that they appreciate my business, and they want it to continue. Very good customer relations, IMO. 

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

HSN has another 20% off day today:  188694.

Last week's Free Shipping saw me purchase 2 Origami items I had been looking at, saving almost $25 there.

Honored Contributor

The “Easy Pays on everything, all the time” just doesn’t get it done, IMO. That’s not saving the customer any money, but rather just dragging out paying for the items, and increasing debt. It’s easy for the customer to get into financial trouble that way, as the Easy Pays have a way of adding up quickly if one isn’t careful.

QVC, why not give us coupons for dollars-off or percentage-off of purchases, or more free shipping, the way HSN does?? Now THAT’S an incentive for the customer to make purchases!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Clearly QVC is missing the boat on coupons.  People love coupons.  Even if they aren't really getting a deal, it makes them seem as if they are.

Kohl's cash is a perfect example.  That is a total win for Kohls because people have to come back into the store and buy more to use it. Most end up spending more than the $10.00 they need to spend and buy things they wouldn't have purchased otherwise.  They feel as if they are getting a great deal and Kohls wins because you are spending money.

HSN sends out coupons and I will bet that people look for things to buy only because they have a coupon.  

I'm not sure what QVC is thinking.